Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 install / SWM question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MarkMac

MarkMac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

I have an HR34 installation scheduled for Friday afternoon (4-8). The HR34 will be replacing a current HR22.

My current setup is (2)HR22 and 1(HR24). I already have SWM, MRV, and the internet connection (forget the abbreviation for that). I don't know what multi-switch I have, but I assume is it an SWM8.

My question is: When the HR34 is swapped in for one of the HR22s, isn't this going to necessitate an SWM16? And if so, will the installer already have that as part of the installation order? I see no mention of that on my order on directv.com. Thanks for the help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bigtom

bigtom

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have an HR34 installation scheduled for Friday afternoon (4-8). The HR34 will be replacing a current HR22.

My current setup is (2)HR22 and 1(HR24). I already have SWM, MRV, and the internet connection (forget the abbreviation for that). I don't know what multi-switch I have, but I assume is it an SWM8.

My question is: When the HR34 is swapped in for one of the HR22s, isn't this going to necessitate an SWM16? And if so, will the installer already have that as part of the installation order? I see no mention of that on my order on directv.com. Thanks for the help!

Yes on both accounts.

#3 OFFLINE   MarkMac

MarkMac

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks! So no need to call D* to remind them to bring an SMW16?

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

That should be automatic since it's required. I think it's normal that it's not actually listed on the order.

#5 OFFLINE   MarkMac

MarkMac

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

OK, thanks for the replies. I'll report back tomorrow night to let you know how it went.

#6 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Thanks! So no need to call D* to remind them to bring an SMW16?

Well if they show up without one, you know you have an installer you should watch very carefully. And make sure you ask the installer to ID STBs with tags at the SWM16. You will probably have to supply the tag material.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#7 OFFLINE   MarkMac

MarkMac

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Well, the installer called on his way to verify the number/type of receivers we had. When my wife told him we had 3 HR2x, he said he'd have to stop at the office before coming to the house to pick up an SWM16. Installer was good, though. While he was on the roof swapping the SWM16 for the SWM8, he also installed a new dish since when I had SWM installed two years ago, the installer simply replaced the LNB, and left the legacy dish. HR34, HR24, and HR22 are all up and running.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...