Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Canceling Recordings...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well, I tried to post in the thread with the latest software but nobody seems to be answering.

My DVR keeps canceling recordings on me out of nowhere. It is happening on daily recordings(I have it set to record new and repeats, even tho there are never repeats here) and when I check the history it seems to have two different messages so far.

They are:

This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)

And the other one was something about a guide change, but I don't remember what exactly it was right now.

Anyone seen this before and know what I could do?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

What program? What time?
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I see these too, but for those that:

• I have set for first runs only, it's because the show was a re-run.
  • The guide data doesn't match the SL, due to the provider changing the program. Say "Mythbusters" was to record, but the 34 found River Monsters instead.

A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

What program? What time?

This past week was Hollywood Heights, every night at 9:00pm EST

Then on Friday:
Young and the Restless at 12:30pm EST
Bold and the Beautiful at 1:30pm EST

I see these too, but for those that:

• I have set for first runs only, it's because the show was a re-run.
  • The guide data doesn't match the SL, due to the provider changing the program. Say "Mythbusters" was to record, but the 34 found River Monsters instead.

Has nothing to do with that, they all aired at the right time and were not repeats.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Has nothing to do with that, they all aired at the right time and were not repeats.

Might help to post the full error message then, because your two descriptions are exactly what I get for the cases I posted.
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Might help to post the full error message then, because your two descriptions are exactly what I get for the cases I posted.

The top one is the exact message, its the bottom one that is not exact. Here they are again:

• This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)
  • And the other one was something about a guide change, but I don't remember what exactly it was right now.

With the top one it has not been recorded and it is the exact show I want.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,799 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

This past week was Hollywood Heights, every night at 9:00pm EST

I just looked this one up on thefutoncritic.com. Are you recording it on Nick or Teen Nick? It was moved from Nick at Nite to Teen Nick on 8/8.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

The top one is the exact message, its the bottom one that is not exact. Here they are again:

• This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)
  • And the other one was something about a guide change, but I don't remember what exactly it was right now.

With the top one it has not been recorded and it is the exact show I want.

• Your show type would be first run, or re-run, or both.
    • Some of my shows while they're being aired for the first time here in the US, they've been first aired earlier in the original country. Discovery & BBCA will do this to me.
    • the program already recorded has bitten me before when the same show was aired on two different channels. I wanted both airings, but the 34 canceled the second off a different channel. The HR2x don't do this and it pissed me off, as I'd manually selected it to record.
  • Guide changes would need to get the full error message which shows what program was being aired at the time.

A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   orum

orum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

I am getting this same message for my wife's recording of General Hospital every day on ABC7 in Chicago. If I delete the series record and create a new one, it will work for a while, then it will stop recording.

I am getting the same message in my history:
This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded.

Luckily, I am doing a manual record of the previous nights General Hospital on soapnet, or the DirecTV would be thrown out the window.

Dan

#10 OFFLINE   cummingsje

cummingsje

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

I am getting this same message for my wife's recording of General Hospital every day on ABC7 in Chicago. If I delete the series record and create a new one, it will work for a while, then it will stop recording.

I am getting the same message in my history:
This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded.

Luckily, I am doing a manual record of the previous nights General Hospital on soapnet, or the DirecTV would be thrown out the window.

Dan

Having the same problem with ABC 7 Detroit for General Hospital. Deleted and created another and seems to work so far. Also the same for GMA on the same channel.

#11 OFFLINE   Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I am having the same issue with Young and the restless and bold and the beautiful and my GF is ready to break something! :D

I wanted to see if we could compare data and see if it is happening on the same days for each of us or if the DVR's are doing it at random independently of each other.

Last week it cancelled both shows every day except Friday for me, and it gave the same "cancelled due to show type settings" message.

It also did not record today.

#12 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,420 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

This does not fix the problem but it will record the shows.

Since it appears these shows come on the same channel at the same time of day you can go into the Manual Record section of the menu and set the channel, time to start, duration to record and how often to repeat and how many to keep.
This bypasses the guide data and strictly goes by the settings for the channel, time, etc.

This is not the same as finding them in the Guide and pressing the record button.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#13 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,420 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

I find the History to be very Flaky.

For instance, one show that I had a series set up to record on channel 245HD was recording just like it is supposed to. During the week, the program aired several more times.

In the history it shows all of those reruns as canceled. It even gave 2 different reasons for the cancellation. The fact is that they were never supposed to record because they were reruns.
How can they be canceled when they were not supposed to be recorded ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

spam firewall