Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR 34 Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mace27

mace27

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm thinking about upgrading to a HR34, but I have a few questions.

1. Can you watch programs that are in the process being recorded on the HR34 from another room, or do you have to wait until they are done recording?

2. I noticed the DirecTV website says the HR34 is still coming soon, but it's obvious lost of people have it. What's up with that? Can I get the HR 34 by calling them?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'm thinking about upgrading to a HR34, but I have a few questions.

1. Can you watch programs that are in the process being recorded on the HR34 from another room, or do you have to wait until they are done recording?

2. I noticed the DirecTV website says the HR34 is still coming soon, but it's obvious lost of people have it. What's up with that? Can I get the HR 34 by calling them?

1. Yes, you can watch recordings in progress.

2. It's not going to be available for order on directv.com until "later this year". You can however call and order one.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   mace27

mace27

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

So, what does the HR34 cost, and what are the chances that they throw in an AM21 since I don't get locals in HD, and will be losing the OTA feature in my upgrade?

I really looking forward to upgrading to get rid of the second cable line coming through our window.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

So, what does the HR34 cost, and what are the chances that they throw in an AM21 since I don't get locals in HD, and will be losing the OTA feature in my upgrade?

I really looking forward to upgrading to get rid of the second cable line coming through our window.

You just have to call DirecTV and find out. Different people are getting different deals. Their standard price on the HR34 is $399 and on the AM21 it's $49.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...