Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 will not play any recordings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have an HR34 that I've had for a couple of months. Just today trying to play any records (local or remote) results in the HDMI not passing any signal. If I stop the "playback" all is well I can see live tv just fine.

Things I tried:

1. Restart receiver through the menu
2. Red button restart
3. Power cycle everything
4. Change resolution 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i all result in "No Video Signal" on my TV.

Any ideas?
C'mon people, it's just TV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Have you tried another HDMI cable? Not saying that's your fix for sure but at least it's something to eliminate.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Is the HR34 connected to an audio receiver? There may be a HDCP issue too. Connecting the HR34 directly to the TV is also a good test, if its not done that way already.

Also look at the audio output setting in the DVR. Try switching between PCM and DD in case that's messing things up.

And last but not least..if nothing else works post back your complete system setup and if you can swap the HR34 with another HR or TV with another TV to run more tests.

#4 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Magically, this morning it works fine.

BTW, tried swapping the HDMI cable. It was connected directly to the TV - literally nothing changed but some bug in the HR.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

If you have a secondary connection from the DVR to the TV, disconnect it.
The HDMI is all that's needed.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

spam firewall