Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR 34 Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   david94085

david94085

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hello....I currently have a HR23 receiver and I want to get upgrade to a HR34. I have a dish with one wire coming out of it and it goes through a little plugged in device with a single wire going into the HR23. My question is will upgrading involve just taking the one cable from the HR23 and screwing into the HR 34? If not, how hard is the work?
Also, if I don't get my local channels from Directv..will an AM 21 work with this? There is a reason I asking....thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Depends what the little "plugged in device" is. It SOUNDS like it will be a direct swap if the plugged in device is the power supply for the LNB.
Hit the "-" key on the HR23. If it says SWM connected it will be a direct swapout.

Yes, the AM21 will work with the HR34.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   david94085

david94085

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yep...Swim connected...Internet connected.
Will the AM21 work when there are some Directv provided local channels going to the receiver? And, I would guess the success would depend on how many channels you get in with your OTA antenna?

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yes. The AM21 channels will be designated with a -1, so if you get channel 16 from DirecTv and from the AM-21, you would have two entries, 16, and 16-1. If that channel has subchannels, you might have 16-2 or 16-3 as well. You can block the ones you dont want in the antenna menu.

Reception is totally dependent on your OTA antenna. Generally, if it comes in on your TV tuner, moving the antenna cable to the AM21 will result in the same channels.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...