Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CCK can't connect to my comcast router

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Kaiser Bob

Kaiser Bob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

The only time ethernet touches the back of the ird from the back of cck- w is when it is a ka/ku install. Otherwise coaxial comes from the lnb thru The cckw and then to reciever with no Ethernet cable. This would hypothetically disable Mrv if it applied and cckw would have missing lights. And this is a fact.

This is true but if he is only using 1 receiver and can get it working connected direct to cck-w he may want to do that now and cross the MRV bridge when he gets to it? :confused:
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   doolittle.dtv.iss

doolittle.dtv.iss

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

To the customer. You can have a splitter in the room with router and only need one cable in there. There are ways to hook this up with the bb deca, that what swim stands for. Intergrating a single line.. If all else fails.
doolittle

#183 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Ethernet is running from the unknown device to the dvr

That "unknown" you pictured and is a DECA that shouldn't be installed, and the ether net should run directly to the WCCK, but you also need to remove the coax from the WCCK and connect it to the SAT input #1 of the HR21.
A.K.A VOS

#184 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Where do you think my post count came from?

Mine is about to double just from this thread. :P
LG 47" 1080p LCD--DirecTV HR24-200 HD DVR--Magnavox Blu-Ray--JVC 5.1 DTS Surround Sound
I have never worked for DirecTV, but have learned many things over the years since being a customer from 2002-Today, except for my stint with DISH.

#185 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

My setup has nothing connected to the receiver other than the connection from the SWiM to the SAT1. The SWiM then runs to the CCK and then the CCK connects to my Cisco router. This is for a wired setup for future reference if anyone comes back to this thread for info. I would assume mine would be virtually the same with a WCCK just that I would not need the WCCK hooked up to my router.
LG 47" 1080p LCD--DirecTV HR24-200 HD DVR--Magnavox Blu-Ray--JVC 5.1 DTS Surround Sound
I have never worked for DirecTV, but have learned many things over the years since being a customer from 2002-Today, except for my stint with DISH.

#186 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Mine is about to double just from this thread. :P

yeah, I may need to take a break as I can't just keep posting to do the same thing over and over.
The installer didn't do it right, and some of the help here [means well] but doesn't get the differences between hardware.

This all goes back to my bitch about training, where nobody ever tells them "why" they should do something, but instead just gives a list of do this with this and don't do this with that.
God help them if anyone took the time to tell them "why".
A.K.A VOS

#187 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

The issue is the OP...I tried to help him over the phone and he just wanted to argue with me instead of doing what I told him. I just gave up and hung up after he refused to unplug the router to try to get rid of the IP conflict. Some people just don't want to be helped. No wonder this has run on for so long. Good luck with him.

Edited by banditt76, 19 August 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#188 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

The issue is the OP...I tried to help him over the phone and he just wanted to argue with me instead of doing what I told him. I just gave up and hung up after he refused to unplug the router to try to get rid of the IP conflict. Some people just don't want to be helped. No wonder this has run on for so long. Good luck with him, I'm out. It is clearly a lost cause.

We're currently doing a factory reset of the router and the WCCK.
The DECA was removed, the wiring sorted out and he was able to log into the WCCK.
The HR21 looks to be doing everything it should, but the router looks like it is not letting it connect to the internet.

Once he gets back on line, we'll see what settings look like.
The WCCK had a strange secondary IP, that others don't have. 169.xxx was expected but 10.0.xx was loaded :shrug:
A.K.A VOS

#189 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

We're currently doing a factory reset of the router and the WCCK.
The DECA was removed, the wiring sorted out and he was able to log into the WCCK.
The HR21 looks to be doing everything it should, but the router looks like it is not letting it connect to the internet.

Once he gets back on line, we'll see what settings look like.
The WCCK had a strange secondary IP, that others don't have. 169.xxx was expected but 10.0.xx was loaded :shrug:

I feel for you after dealing with him. Did you get him to shut up long enough to get a word in? Amazed you got him to touch the router. :P

#190 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I feel for you after dealing with him. Did you get him to shut up long enough to get a word in? :P

skype works wonders, since we both can talk at the same time :lol:
A.K.A VOS

#191 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

skype works wonders, since we both can talk at the same time :lol:

Yeah true. Didn't think of that. He seemed very tech challenged. He thought the receiver was the WCCK. Glad I got to pawn him off on somebody else. ;)

#192 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yeah true. Didn't think of that. He seemed very tech challenged. He thought the receiver was the WCCK. Glad I got to pawn him off on somebody else. ;)

It's the damn Comcrap router.
He's going to see what DirecTV will do tomorrow to run a BB DECA to his router and go back to DECA to router hardwired.

A bit more of the back story:
Ethernet to router works.
3 WCCKs were tried and nothing.
Receiver, WCCK, & router, were all reset with the WCCK & router having factory resets. nothing.
Even a laptop was tried through the WCCK and it wouldn't connect.
Crappy Comcrap router.

Edited by veryoldschool, 19 August 2012 - 10:58 PM.

A.K.A VOS

#193 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's the damn Comcrap router.
He's going to see what DirecTV will do tomorrow to run a BB DECA to his router and go back to DECA to router hardwired.

A bit more of the back story:
Ethernet to router works.
3 WCCKs were tried and nothing.
Receiver, WCCK, & router, were all reset with the WCCK & router having factory resets. nothing.
Even a laptop was tried through the WCCK and it wouldn't connect.
Crappy Comcrap router.

I knew it was something with the router when he said he couldn't even change the IP address for the unknown device.

#194 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I knew it was something with the router when he said he couldn't even change the IP address for the unknown device.

Maybe what's even worse is Comcrap is charging him a monthly fee for this POS too. :eek2:
A.K.A VOS

#195 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Maybe what's even worse is Comcrap is charging him a monthly fee for this POS too. :eek2:

I pay $6.99/month to Frontier for modem lease. Should really look into buying it but they probably want some ridiculous amount for it. It's not even wireless N. I think it's also a protection plan fee included basically cause I have had several replaced due to lightning strikes and never paid a dime for replacement.

The worst part is paying $49.99/month for 3 mbps DSL. I love it the White Mountains but our internet speed is atrocious.

They can actually get up to 50 mbps CableOne internet about 40 miles away in Show Low. Not sure of the price but I'm sure it's outrageous too.

Edited by banditt76, 19 August 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#196 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

The only odd thing that seemed to come up [other than not getting internet access] was the difference in the secondary IP has shown here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1345473831

This is from my WCCK, and I've seen others that also use a 169.xxx for their secondary IP.

The Comcrap uses the 10.x, but I don't understand why the secondary is also a 10.x :confused:

Attached Thumbnails

• CCWK.PNG

A.K.A VOS

#197 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

That secondary IP of 169.x.x.x is just a self-resolving IP when DHCP fails right? It is a virtually useless connection unless the bridge does something special with it. I've never tried setting up a wireless bridge so I can't speak from experience unfortunately.

#198 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

That secondary IP of 169.x.x.x is just a self-resolving IP when DHCP fails right? It is a virtually useless connection unless the bridge does something special with it. I've never tried setting up a wireless bridge so I can't speak from experience unfortunately.

Clearly 169.x is generated by the device.
I can [and have] used it to log into the WCCK, so I wouldn't call it useless.
I can/have used both to log in.

The WCCKs that are working [that I've seen] show 169.x for their secondary.
This one that doesn't work, shows a 10.x for its secondary even after a factory reset. :confused:
A.K.A VOS

#199 OFFLINE   banditt76

banditt76

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Clearly 169.x is generated by the device.
I can [and have] used it to log into the WCCK, so I wouldn't call it useless.
I can/have used both to log in.

The WCCKs that are working [that I've seen] show 169.x for their secondary.
This one that doesn't work, shows a 10.x for its secondary even after a factory reset. :confused:

I guess useless was a bad word. I just meant in terms of getting the bridge to function properly. Of course it is useful as a local access address, but not much else.

#200 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I guess useless was a bad word. I just meant in terms of getting the bridge to function properly. Of course it is useful as a local access address, but not much else.

I really have no idea of why this WCCK has a different secondary IP, or whether it affects anything.
It is merely something "strange" on a WCCK that can't get internet access from the router that it is connected to through WiFi.
Are the two related? :shrug:
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall