Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PAC 12 Network Added (was For fans of the PAC12, plz request PAC12 Network)

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   tundracat

tundracat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

I am not currently subscribed to the multi-sports pak. Does anyone know when the SD free preview ends on channel 413? I currently live in Alaska. Also, the overflow channel 445 was not mapped on my guide. Is this channel on the 110 degree sat? This would explain a lot since I can not see that bird due to tree issues. Finally do you need to subscribe to the multi sport pak to view the games on the sport alt channels. Last weekend I tried to tune in to one of those games that wasn't blacked out and I got a message involving my smart card not being able to access that game. (Can't remember exactly what the message said.)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#202 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,323 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

The alts are on 129 for HD and 110 for SD.

#203 OFFLINE   plasmacat

plasmacat

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

129 is Bravo.

#204 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

The Big Ten Network and PAC-12 network are available with the Multi-sports package. The AT 120 + or above packages are required for the Multi-sports package.

Your channels in Alaska are mapped mostly to the 5000 range channels. PAC-12 doesn't have a channel in this range at this time. Thanks.

I am not currently subscribed to the multi-sports pak. Does anyone know when the SD free preview ends on channel 413? I currently live in Alaska. Also, the overflow channel 445 was not mapped on my guide. Is this channel on the 110 degree sat? This would explain a lot since I can not see that bird due to tree issues. Finally do you need to subscribe to the multi sport pak to view the games on the sport alt channels. Last weekend I tried to tune in to one of those games that wasn't blacked out and I got a message involving my smart card not being able to access that game. (Can't remember exactly what the message said.)

#205 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

129 is Bravo.

He asked what satellite they were on... he knows the channel numbers. James was telling him which satellite locations carried the channels.

The Big Ten Network and PAC-12 network are available with the Multi-sports package. The AT 120 + or above packages are required for the Multi-sports package.

Your channels in Alaska are mapped mostly to the 5000 range channels. PAC-12 doesn't have a channel in this range at this time. Thanks.

This isn't entirely true...

Big Ten is available to anyone with AT120+ or above who is in the designated Big Ten DMAs... Multi-sport is only required for those of us outside the Big Ten markets if we want Big Ten Network.

Similarly... PAC-12 will be available to anyone with AT120+ or above in the PAC-12 designated DMAs... and to everyone else with the purchase of Multi-Sport.

BUT... for the first few weeks, Dish has PAC-12 in a free preview for everyone... so even IF he wouldn't get these channels later without multisport, he should get them now as part of the free preview.

The channel numbers (5000 range) is not nearly as important as the satellite carrying the channel. As I understand it, the 5000 range is more of a convenience thing to have the Alaska/Hawaii channels grouped together... but they get lots of other channels not in the 5000 range.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#206 OFFLINE   inazsully

inazsully

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

So does this mean we're going to have to buy the multi-sports Pack in order to get the Pac-12 channels?

#207 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

So does this mean we're going to have to buy the multi-sports Pack in order to get the Pac-12 channels?

Only if you live outside the Pac 12 regions. Basically any state that doesn't have a Pac 12 team.

#208 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Looks like the last uplink converted the channel to a real part-time HD feed as the EPG info now just says "PAC12HD" and has the description of "part-time HD feed for some games"...

I really hope this is just while they are testing things... I hope they aren't making the main PAC-12 channel a part-time game-only HD channel. I don't see how PAC-12 would have agreed to that when Big Ten has a full time HD channel on Dish.

#209 OFFLINE   tundracat

tundracat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for answering my question guys, particularly James and Stewart!

#210 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

FYI, now I see some games tomorrow in HD on the PAC-12HD feed... but only games... and, the last game of the day does NOT have an HD listing, which seems curious.

#211 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

What channel is the SCSt at Arizona game tonight?

#212 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,323 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

What channel is the SCSt at Arizona game tonight?

It is on channel 5453 at 6:30pm PT. HD coverage on 5454 is listed at 7:30pm PT. There is also a replay at midnight PT on 413 (SD only).

#213 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,323 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

You are invited!

If you would like to discuss Pac-12 sports feel free to join the conversation over in the Sports and Programming forum in the following thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=208874

This thread remains open for the discussion of DISH Network's carriage of the Pac-12 Networks and content available to DISH subscribers.

#214 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

When is Dish Network going to have Pac 12 streaming available?

http://video.pac-12.com/

Lists several providers and ones coming soon, but Dish is not listed......does this mean Dish will not have streaming access?

#215 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

When is Dish Network going to have Pac 12 streaming available?

http://video.pac-12.com/

Lists several providers and ones coming soon, but Dish is not listed......does this mean Dish will not have streaming access?

haha Webtraveler.. You too? Thinking of swiching?? Good for you.. I think I read it was being worked out to be on Dishonline.com
not yet, but real soon...

#216 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

FYI...

There was an update to the PAC-12 app (iphone/ipad) today... and the update said that there would no longer be required app updates to add new providers.

IF you update to the new app, you now see a selection for "Dish (soon)" and if you click that, it displays a popup that says they expect Dish Network streaming to be enabled by 10/19/2012.

So... "soon" now appears to have a date attached to it.

#217 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

FYI...

There was an update to the PAC-12 app (iphone/ipad) today... and the update said that there would no longer be required app updates to add new providers.

IF you update to the new app, you now see a selection for "Dish (soon)" and if you click that, it displays a popup that says they expect Dish Network streaming to be enabled by 10/19/2012.

So... "soon" now appears to have a date attached to it.

Saw that...a very good thing, no more being vague! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

#218 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Saw that...a very good thing, no more being vague! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

LIKE!

#219 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

DirecTV deal in the works for next week.

DISH now the only one who has not signed up for the PAC12 Network. College football is right around the corner and for us fans in the western USA, this is a must-have.

I am indifferent to the whole AMC fight, but DISH not getting this network would be hard to ignore, IMHO. I realize sports is not a big part of the DISH business model, but for a Colorado-based company, I would think this is something they would want to pursue. . . .

Please chat up a CSR or call DISH to request! They won't make changes without us speaking up.

I don't like any kind of football. To many billionaires in college and pro football. Sorry.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#220 OFFLINE   Ray_Schwarz

Ray_Schwarz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I don't like any kind of football. To many billionaires in college and pro football. Sorry.

Did you mean millionaires ?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...