Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Video drop out on HR34-700

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

HR34-700 hooked to an LG LCD TV via HDMI. All the sudden this morning the video started dropping but the audio remains. I did a menu reset and it got worse. Changed the HDMI input on the TV. Still did it. Changed the HDMI cord
and it still dropped out.
Am now watching TV via component output and it is working fine. Any ideas
as to what perhaps is "broken"?
Tks
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,864 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Are you by any chance watching a premium channel? There are some known issues with HDCP and some TVs.

Another thing to test to try to isolate it is to lock the resolution at 1080i. If you prefer to use "native on" you can go back to that but I've noticed some issues with 480i and 480p with some TVs. I know they are being addressed in future updates.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

The 34 was installed Feb 11th, 2012. I have done not a thing to any of the settings since. This morning it just started. Was watching Fox News at the time, changed to several different channels (local ones included) and it did it on them all. Wife has been home in Scotland for the past month, have a ton of programs recorded and will prob have to find a new home if the 34 "gives up" prior to her return Thurs. Hate to change anything now and really screw the pooch.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...