Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network tops an interesting list

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Joseph, I can see where that would be a tough position for an engineer. To have a job that is technically challenging but unsatisfying from a working conditions standpoint. With the only alternatives of either leaving the area or working in a job that is not technically challenging. I have never faced that living in Silicon Valley. Lots of challenging opportunities. Some companies run a lot better than others but even some of the old stalwarts like HP are now struggling. In my 40+ years of employment in the engineering field, I have worked for 4 companies, All were technically challenging. As management and attitudes changed in 2 of the companies I left for better working conditions. I have a friend that is an technical consultant that moved to the Denver area to be close to family and in 10 years, he never had a consulting job in the Denver area. They were always in Silicon Valley or some other area. He just moved back to the Valley.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,316 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

I still cannot believe that a company with what has been reported as such a bad reputation in the marketplace would be able to hire unless 1) people are just that desperate for work (as DoyleS suggested) or 2) people are really stupid and accepted the job despite the reputation or 3) DISH's reputation is not as bad as portrayed by a few haters on the Internet.

It happens with Wal-Mart.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#53 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,269 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Perhaps these "a few haters" has the real knowledge. Opposite to the believers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...