Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

recorded programs on Android tablet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jventre

jventre

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Is there a way to watch programs on an Android tablet that you have recorded on your DVD. I think DirecTV2PC allows you to do this on a PC but is there an equivalent app for an Android tablet. When I use software on my tablet to share media it sees the DVD and shows the playlist of recorded programs but when I try to play the show out gives me an error, probably due to format or copyright issues. I'm just looking for a way to watch shows I've recorded while wondering around the house with my tablet in hand.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kaiser Bob

Kaiser Bob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

The Monsoon Vulkano might work for you.

http://www.myvulkano.com/
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Slingbox is another choice that will do what you want.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

spam firewall