Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Busted Hard drive (0x70)??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   prabs99

prabs99

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

My HR23-700 wanted to restart and after that it got stuck on checking satellite settings. I pressed the red button and went in to the advanced diagnostics and ran the hard drive tests and it came back with 0x70. Does this mean I cannot salvage anything from the hard drive? I have 2 spare hard drives, that I can try to copy the programs (I own the receiver). I also have the protection plan. Which option is the best for me? And If I do send it back will I get a "leased" or "owned" receiver?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,710 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

With the PP, owned is replaced with owned. However, if you did that, copying the shows wouldn't work.

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Since it's owned I say go ahead and try to copy the drive and see if that fixes it. If not then just get the DVR replaced since you'll be losing the recordings anyway.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,440 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

If you get it replaced, make sure it is listed as "owned". I usually call the Access Card folks a couple days after I activate an owned HR and, most of the time, I have to argue about my ownership of that HR. If I activate it thru the Access Card team, it usually is listed as owned. If a Tech (we actually have a couple of Techs in our area) activates it, it usually comes up as "leased".

Here's the direct number for the Access Card department: 877-887-7994.

Rich

#5 OFFLINE   prabs99

prabs99

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Since it's owned I say go ahead and try to copy the drive and see if that fixes it. If not then just get the DVR replaced since you'll be losing the recordings anyway.

The computer wouldn't recognize the drive. Called DTV. They are sending a receiver.

If you get it replaced, make sure it is listed as "owned". I usually call the Access Card folks a couple days after I activate an owned HR and, most of the time, I have to argue about my ownership of that HR. If I activate it thru the Access Card team, it usually is listed as owned. If a Tech (we actually have a couple of Techs in our area) activates it, it usually comes up as "leased".

Here's the direct number for the Access Card department: 877-887-7994.

Rich

Awesome. Thanks for the direct number.

spam firewall