Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x0582 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

I too have discovered that occasionally the HR34 won't go to a new channel I entered into the remote. Simply stays on the old channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'm watching a channel that's in Custom One, my normal FAVORITES list. Then I key into the remote a channel that's not in my favorites list. Fine. That channel appears. Then I press PREV to go back to the previous channel that is in the favorites list. Fine. The HR34 gos there. Then I press PREV again to go back the channel that's not in my favorites list. Not so fine. The HR34 goes to the top channel in my LAST FOUR list. The LAST FOUR list does not contain the non-favorites channel I keyed in. Seems like the LAST FOUR list and the PREV command don't like channels that are not in your favorites list.

#23 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

FFWD > PLAY > BACKSPACE several seconds to a place in the video before you pressed PLAY so as to compensate for your recognition/reaction time lag.

It seems the 0x582 HR34 BACKSPACES now when I press PLAY when I'm in the FFWD mode. So far, cross my fingers, the 0x582 HR34 has done it every time. Most of the time the previous software did not BACKSPACE at all. But, at least for me, the 0x582 HR34 does not back space far enough. I still have to press the REPLAY button once or twice to get the video back to a point a few seconds before I pressed PLAY. My HR23 and HR24, as they always have, BACKSPACE properly, although often too far. I'd still rather go too far than not far enough.

#24 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

My issue carried over from the previous update. My extras page was blank, after the previous software update and I had white triangles on certain channel tabs, within the guide.

I got home from work today and there was a message from the DirecTV tech, saying there was a new update and to see if it corrected the problems. I checked and no extras, but white triangles are gone. Did two consecutive reboots...no extras. Did a red button reboot and a forced software download...no extras. :nono:

#25 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

My issue carried over from the previous update. My extras page was blank, after the previous software update and I had white triangles on certain channel tabs, within the guide.

I got home from work today and there was a message from the DirecTV tech, saying there was a new update and to see if it corrected the problems. I checked and no extras, but white triangles are gone. Did two consecutive reboots...no extras. Did a red button reboot and a forced software download...no extras. :nono:

The extras take time to repopulate if lost.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#26 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,749 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

As I understand it, the Extra Icons are part of a followup download, which is supposed in occur within 24 of the software install..

Edited by Drucifer, 26 August 2012 - 06:10 PM.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#27 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

As I understand it, the Extra Icons are part of a followup download.

Correct, and that can't be triggered.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#28 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Correct, and that can't be triggered.

What time frame are we talking about? They disappeared when the previous software update occurred and never returned. This 0X582 update was Friday at 0105 and they were not there today Sunday afternoon 1500. Now that I cleared the cache (two reboots) and then a reboot, with software install, when should I realistically expect to see something?

#29 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

What time frame are we talking about? They disappeared when the previous software update occurred and never returned. This 0X582 update was Friday at 0105 and they were not there today Sunday afternoon 1500. Now that I cleared the cache (two reboots) and then a reboot, with software install, when should I realistically expect to see something?

If they didn't download with the update it could take a while. They will only download when/if your DVR is not being used, not recording, not doing housekeeping, etc.

When you re-downloaded did you see a prompt about allowing it to download "Additional Software"? If you did and told it to download later it could take quite a while.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#30 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

If they didn't download with the update it could take a while. They will only download when/if your DVR is not being used, not recording, not doing housekeeping, etc.

When you re-downloaded did you see a prompt about allowing it to download "Additional Software"? If you did and told it to download later it could take quite a while.

No, there was nothing about "Additional Software". I saw some mention of that, when people were discussing issues with the previous version. I have never seen a prompt for that.

#31 OFFLINE   chkinela

chkinela

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

You aren't by chance setup with IAMANEDGECUTTER menus are you? I didnt have the extras until I searched IAMANEDGECUTTER NOT and reboot. All the extra's loaded at that reboot. This new update so far has solved by HDMI handshake issues. Time will tell though.

#32 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

You aren't by chance setup with IAMANEDGECUTTER menus are you? I didnt have the extras until I searched IAMANEDGECUTTER NOT and reboot. All the extra's loaded at that reboot. This new update so far has solved by HDMI handshake issues. Time will tell though.

I had it on there, but it was nothing I wanted and it has already been removed. It was gone a while back. Thanks

#33 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

I now have a few error msgs I never had:

776 can not comunicate with dish!
ALL channels working fine! all signal lvls are good, just a nagging error msg across the screen! Menu reset clrs it for a few hours but then it returns! "system test" finds no problems!

Also got a "not enough swm chnls avlbl" msg once. This is the only rcvr off swm 2 output of swm16. Chkd the PI it looked ok, unplugged for a couple of mins, plugged it back in, clrd this msg???? :confused:
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#34 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

iceman2a, both these errors have to do with the way the SWM is configured. It thinks there are more than 8 tuners on a SWM leg. Is it possible that the message is correct?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#35 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Power was off all nite/morning here in ft lauderdale b/c of the tropical storm.

Restarted my PI, then bedroom HR21 works fine.....all signals good.

But now i've got my HR34 started up......everything works just fine went to check signal strengths but the strength test/meter for the SWM is missing even though i went to system info and SWM is installed. Did a system test passed fine. SWM meter is showing on the HR21 ok not sure why I cant check my SWM readings on my HR34.

Watching live tv, etc etc everything working fine i just dont have a signal test/meter included for the SWM on the view sat sig strength page. All others are there ie 101, 99's, 103's.

Maybe a restart??

Edited by gregftlaud, 27 August 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

iceman2a, both these errors have to do with the way the SWM is configured. It thinks there are more than 8 tuners on a SWM leg. Is it possible that the message is correct?

6 tuners off swm 1 out, just the hr34 off swm 2 out! Have not had that error msg since I power cycled the PI. Don't really think this is related to software update, just all these happen since Friday!
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#37 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I too have discovered that occasionally the HR34 won't go to a new channel I entered into the remote. Simply stays on the old channel.

I, too, have encountered this issue.

#38 OFFLINE   chkinela

chkinela

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

So much for the HDMI fix...back to component for me. I had a HR21 hooked up for 4 years with not one HDMI drop and since the HR34 I have had to use component just for consistent picture and sound. I really hope they fix this soon.

#39 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Got my HR34 on 8/18 and it loaded 057c software.

The only problem I had initially was the unit kept dropping network connection and my other DVR's wouldn't see it in MRV mode.
I switched the HR34 IP address to static and rebooted the other units and MRV has worked perfectly since.

Running 57c my HR34 has worked flawlessly for a whole week, ha ha...

Last night (running 0582 software) when I finished a recording and selected delete the box sat there for a couple of minutes before deleting the recording and when it finally deleted the PIG window was all black.
After exiting out of the playlist there was no video output at all, the channel banner would show up when changing channels but no video, OTA and DTV channels.

Any recording would output video and any channel that was recording would show live TV everything else black.

Did a menu reboot and all returned to normal.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#40 OFFLINE   acer505

acer505

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Did anyone get this problem after the update my HR34 only sees 4 tuners not 5.

spam firewall