Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x0582 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,499 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Did anyone get this problem after the update my HR34 only sees 4 tuners not 5.

Can't say I've heard of that one. I tried to set up a one off recording and wasn't able to, but it listed 5 other recordings.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   r34220

r34220

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I am getting audio dropouts. Just a split second every so often.

-----------------------------------
16 Swim
Terrestrial antenna for OTA HD
60" Pioneer Elite PRO-1540HD Plasma - HDMI - HR34
2 - HR20-700,2- R15

#43 OFFLINE   r34220

r34220

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I am getting audio dropouts. Just a split second every so often.

Sorry, It was actually my Logitech Revue. After rebooting the Revue the issue went away.

-----------------------------------
16 Swim
Terrestrial antenna for OTA HD
60" Pioneer Elite PRO-1540HD Plasma - HDMI - HR34
2 - HR20-700,2- R15

#44 OFFLINE   CliffV

CliffV

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Twice since I got this release, the machine froze when selecting a show from My Playlist. A template of the UI appeared with no words on it. In both cases, the only solution was an Red Button Reboot.

#45 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

On the HR34, how does one get to that screen that shows all 5 tuner strengths at once??
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#46 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

On the HR34, how does one get to that screen that shows all 5 tuner strengths at once??

MENU
Settings & Help
Settings
Satellite
View Signal Strength
Dash (-)
Signal Meters
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#47 OFFLINE   Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

I just got my HR34 installed yesterday and noticed last night that the Auto Correct was not happening?
(I think that's the right name where the DVR jumps back a few seconds when you hit play while fast forwarding so that you are at the start of the show after the commercials.)
Has anyone else noticed this?
I have the latest software 0x0582, by the way.

#48 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I just got my HR34 installed yesterday and noticed last night that the Auto Correct was not happening?
(I think that's the right name where the DVR jumps back a few seconds when you hit play while fast forwarding so that you are at the start of the show after the commercials.)

My HR23 and 24 do not correct if you are using the FF1 speed. If you go up a speed it does.
Are you using the FF1 speed ? If yes, try the faster speeds and see if it corrects / jumps back.
I do not have an HR34 to play with.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#49 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thank you Sixto. Works great.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#50 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Ok, pink screen is gone, but I am now having issues with FF and RW. Both will not stop and respond when you hit the remote. Lots of lag. Same with channel changing :mad::nono2::nono:!!!!

#51 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Got the new downgrade. Now randomly, channel does not change when entering channel number with remote. And twice got black screen instead of channel change with no response to remote. RBR time.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#52 OFFLINE   BadeMillsap

BadeMillsap

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

About 10% of the time ... thought it was my remote! :nono:

#53 ONLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

The previous "upgrade" was a big improvement.

This one?

I have the same occasional issues with channels not changing after 3 digits appear on the screen.

Also, when pressing any 3 digit channel number combination, the last number appears twice about 1/3 of the time.
So, if entering 619, 6199 appears.

I have not recognized any improvement on any function.

#54 OFFLINE   Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

New HR34 installed this week.
My Series Links are recording reruns even though I have them set to "First Run".
Anyone else having this problem?!

#55 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

New HR34 installed this week.
My Series Links are recording reruns even though I have them set to "First Run".
Anyone else having this problem?!

What show/channel? This is usually an issue with guide data, not really the DVR/HMC itself. If you tell us what show/channel others may be able to verify which issue is causing it (software or guide data).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#56 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

We get all sorts of reruns. Just two days ago we got old NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles programs recorded. And Piers Morgan Tonight records five times a day no matter what we do. Never know what you have until you tell it to play and you see that it is something you have already seen.

Then there is the awesome feature that forces you to take a break from TV. All of a sudden the Whole Home connection to from the HR34 goes belly up. If you are watching on the alternate box then you are forced to wait a while until the thing goes to Whole Home again. So watching HR24 recordings on the HR34 or vice versa its a crap shoot as to whether the whole program will play before the forced time out takes place.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#57 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

And Piers Morgan Tonight records five times a day no matter what we do. Never know what you have until you tell it to play and you see that it is something you have already seen.

That has nothing to do with the HR34 itself, it's the guide data provided by CNN and the fact that they show the same episode that many times during the day.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#58 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

:hurah: This is a blessing not an issue.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#59 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,499 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

We get all sorts of reruns. Just two days ago we got old NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles programs recorded. And Piers Morgan Tonight records five times a day no matter what we do. Never know what you have until you tell it to play and you see that it is something you have already seen.

Then there is the awesome feature that forces you to take a break from TV. All of a sudden the Whole Home connection to from the HR34 goes belly up. If you are watching on the alternate box then you are forced to wait a while until the thing goes to Whole Home again. So watching HR24 recordings on the HR34 or vice versa its a crap shoot as to whether the whole program will play before the forced time out takes place.

If the reruns have generic descriptions, you can set it up so that those don't record. I do the same thing with Daily Show.

#60 OFFLINE   Riverpilot

Riverpilot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Directv really needs to go back a software or two. This latest one is terrible. I keep getting the following:

1) Searching for signal (771) on channels. My other boxes work just fine, just the 34. NEVER did this before this software upgrade. I'll reset via menu, it will work fine for awhile.. then boom.

2) Put in the channel number and nothing happens. Put it in again, may or may not turn to that channel, or it may just turn to a totally blacked out channel.

Please go back to the previous software. TERRIBLE.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...