Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x0582 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

I will add that my HR34 was swapped out today.

My technician -- one of the specialty techs who goes to homes for the more challenging problems -- said my installation, cabling, etc. was fine. Within hours, my new HR34 was dropping off the Whole Home network just like the old one.

It's a bug in the software not a hardware issue with the HR34 you had or the one you have now.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

This 3/4 white screen issue is very annoying. It seems to happen going from HD to SD (in our household, we always jump between Baby First TV and Disney JR). Going from SD to HD doesn't have any issues, but going from HD to SD always seems to cause the 3/4 white screen....

Have you tried going into Menu, Settings, Display, Resolutions and selecting only the 1080i resolution ? This would have the receiver output 1080i all the time and might prevent this.
Also while in that area of the menu in Display, Video, turn the Native to OFF.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#83 OFFLINE   snappjay

snappjay

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Have you tried going into Menu, Settings, Display, Resolutions and selecting only the 1080i resolution ? This would have the receiver output 1080i all the time and might prevent this.
Also while in that area of the menu in Display, Video, turn the Native to OFF.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
TV Vizio VF551XVT
Remote Logitech Harmony 900
Service DirecTV Choice Xtra Classic
Receivers HR-34/700

#84 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

It's a bug in the software not a hardware issue with the HR34 you had or the one you have now.

Why doesn't it affect all HR34's then? Mine has never dropped off the network (HR34, HR24, 2-H25's). Could it be related to how everything is networked?

#85 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,753 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

I have these two issues with 0x0582 that just plain annoy me.

• Issue: Delete Remote Recording from More Info Screen - Deleting Remote Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead, you are often booted to Live TV or some other GUI screen that's not the PlayList.
  • Issue: Remote Recording's 'View Upcoming' Gives a False None - After checking the same remote recordings stored on my HR21 from both my HR34 & HR24, I can verify that every HR34 remote recording View Upcoming of None was proven to be a false statement looking at the same recording from the HR24.

There are more, but the above two are either happening frequently or always.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#86 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I forgot to write to change the Format to Pillar Box. This will give the 1080 and 720 programs full screen ( almost all the time ) and the SD programs the 4:3 shape they are supposed to have.
It is located in Menu, Settings, Display, Video.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#87 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Going backwards.....

(1) My HR34 is constantly being knocked off the network now. It was fine until the the release before the current one. Since then and now with the current firmware, my HR34 can watch about 1 minute of recordings from a networked (whole home) HR24 and then it cuts off and says the 34 is no longer on the network. Same happens if I try to watch shows recorded on the HR34 from a HR24. 1 minute or so, then off the network. Resetting the box, or just repeating the Network Setup gets the shows visible on the playlist again. But it continues to get knocked off the network any time I try to view a remote show between the HR34 and any other box.

(2) My Hr34 now sees only 2 of my other 3 whole home DVRs (HR24's). No matter what I do, 1 of my HR24's is suddenly not visible from the 34. It always was visible, until the last 2 firmware upgrades, and it still is visible to the other HR24s. Resets, etc on all boxes to not work.

What the hell? This blows ...

#88 OFFLINE   sriggins

sriggins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

When I powered on my HR-34 this morning after the software update last night, my tv was showing no signal from the hdmi source at the receiver. Then I started seeing flashes of video and audio appear, but no solid signal. I did a hard reset, and got the pink screen for the first time upon reboot. Since then I have seen short lapses of audio/video.

None of these problems occurred on my system prior to last night's release.

We started seeing this yesterday, but I am not sure when we got the update. We get static on the TV. Sometimes mashing the RES button on the front will fix it.

Our DVR is set to switch resolutions between 720p and 1080i so maybe they broke that?

#89 OFFLINE   mitchinpa

mitchinpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

I've been having this very irritating and FREQUENT problem.... I can recreate it almost daily. I record an early morning news show, and darn near EVERY DAY, it won't play! When I select the recorded show, I get a screenshot of what was on the live feed when I hit 'play' and the progress bar is going, and going, and going. It looks like it's fast forwarding all the time, since the 'time' indicator is moving fairly quickly. But the icon in the progress bar changes when you attempt to ff or rew, giving the impression that something is working. No matter what you do, it still shows that 'live' screenshot, and never changes! I can switch back to live tv, which works fine. I can go back to watch that recording, and it'll do the same thing again.

I've rebooted a few times, and that does seem to help for 2-3 days. But I shouldn't have to reboot that often! I've also deleted the season pass for this show and rebuilt it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've had a similar issue. I will have a double started, then try to resume a recording, but the recording will not play. The recording comes up paused, but you cant get it to play. I can exit out back to live tv just fine, but the only way I can get that recording to play is to startover instead of resume.

#90 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,753 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Issue: Lost the GUI Blue - Just lost the Blue GUI BG deleting a remote recording and going to the PlayList.

Unable to complete a SENTREPORT. Because I'm still getting Return Code 3 since last week crash.

And the Pink 'A FEW SECONDS MORE' screen is still there in the beginning of a process that takes a few minutes more.

Menu/Reset restored the Blue GUI BG.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#91 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

One thing I just discovered is when using DIRECTV2PC to my HR34, it does not show the NFL ST channels I'm recording. So I can't play the games I'm recording, on my PC or laptop. When connecting to my HR22via DIRECTV2PC I can see a game that I'm recording. So this does seem to be a bug.

This may not be specific to this release, but today was the first time the NFL ST channels were active. So its the first time I have attempted to watch them.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#92 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Yesterday was my first shot at NFL ST using the HR34.
I kept the PIP up most of the afternoon switching screens and switching channels regularly.

The unit performed flawless. I'm so glad I upgraded to the HR34.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#93 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Three times in the last three days I've had to reboot my HR34 for the following reason: I'm poking around in CAST AND CREW and I highlight something and press SELECT for more information on that item. Then the HR34 terminally freezes and needs to be rebooted. BTW: sometimes when I reboot my HR34, the complete GUIDE information appears immediately, sometimes it takes the full almost 24 hours to be restored. Anyone know why the difference? Thanks!

#94 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Yesterday was my first shot at NFL ST using the HR34.
I kept the PIP up most of the afternoon switching screens and switching channels regularly.

The unit performed flawless. I'm so glad I upgraded to the HR34.

J C

Same here. The PIP swap works great. I just wish that we had buttons on the remote for PIP On/Off and PIP Move. I have a macro to handle it, but a button would be better. Or at least if they had discrete codes we could enter in our aftermarket remotes like AR and Harmony.

Three times in the last three days I've had to reboot my HR34 for the following reason: I'm poking around in CAST AND CREW and I highlight something and press SELECT for more information on that item. Then the HR34 terminally freezes and needs to be rebooted. BTW: sometimes when I reboot my HR34, the complete GUIDE information appears immediately, sometimes it takes the full almost 24 hours to be restored. Anyone know why the difference? Thanks!

When my HR34 goes to a black screen, I just turn the power off and back on and that seems to clear it up. You might try that. And as far as the question about guide data, its only supposed to refresh if you do 2 reboots in a short period of time.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#95 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

In general, my HR23 and HR24 both yield very adequate CAST AND CREW information. My HR34 easily does not. For example, on a recent particular CHARLIES ANGELS episode, my 23 and 24 yielded 17 CAST AND CREW. My HR34 yielded only 7. I hope future software for my HR34 will allow more adequate CAST AND CREW information to be generated. BTW: also my HR34 oftentimes fails to deliver as many "hits" as my 23 and 24 do when I use SMART SEARCH.

#96 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Was watching MLB on FOX Saturday and was flipping between it and a Conan I had recorded. On several occasions, when I came back to the game, the screen was frozen on the last frame from where I left it. FF would advance the scrollbar, but not the action. Once when flipping back, I had Conan on the screen frozen and the scrollbar advancing for the game. Was using the prev button each time to switch between shows. No weather related issues, so no reason for a dropped signal. Was able to back the game up once and play forward thru an area that had been frozen. No pattern to this madness. Sometimes it worked fine.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#97 OFFLINE   onetimeonly00

onetimeonly00

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Had my HR34 installed the other day and am having freezing issues during playback from my HR22. It's not even necessarily during playback, but more so during FF'ing. Once I hit FF my screen freezes and I can not see what I am FF'ing through. This makes it virtually impossible to know how far forward to go.

I've seen reports of issues with VOD playback, and other freezing issues, but I haven't seen this one. I'm doing an RBR right now to see if that will fix the issue, but I'm doubting it....

Anyone else having/had these issues and know of a fix?

Setup:
I have my HR22 with the CCK hard wired to my modem. The HR34 is in another room with the power source.

#98 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Had my HR34 installed the other day and am having freezing issues during playback from my HR22. It's not even necessarily during playback, but more so during FF'ing. Once I hit FF my screen freezes and I can not see what I am FF'ing through. This makes it virtually impossible to know how far forward to go.

I've seen reports of issues with VOD playback, and other freezing issues, but I haven't seen this one. I'm doing an RBR right now to see if that will fix the issue, but I'm doubting it....

Anyone else having/had these issues and know of a fix?

Setup:
I have my HR22 with the CCK hard wired to my modem. The HR34 is in another room with the power source.

I have the same thing happening when using FF on a remote recording. So I tend to use skip instead of FF.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#99 OFFLINE   yatsco

yatsco

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

To: Jibberyerkibber - I have had this problem for several weeks. It started after the software upgrade before the current one. I contacted DIRECTV and they advised me to disconnect my internet connection. I am hard wired to the internet but they said either hard wired or wireless to disconnect the internet. I have had no problem for about 10 days now. Someone from DIRECTV is suppose to contact me tomorrow and I am to advise them if this corrected my problem. I am going to ask if I should reconnect the internet after the next software upgrade. However, to be honest I don't utilize the VOD and would have no problem leaving it permanently disconnected.

#100 OFFLINE   yatsco

yatsco

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I am sorry I should have quoted your message. I also should point out that when the freezing occurs, the power on/off from both the remote and at the receiver itself is also frozen. There is no option but to use the red button reset or unplug the unit. I also have to wait for the 24 hours to be rstored.

spam firewall