Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x0582 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   BadeMillsap

BadeMillsap

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

And "Poof" ... all of a sudden my entire TODO list has disappeared ... really freaky is that after a reset ... it's still gone ... if I go into Series Manager I can see the items I'm supposed ot have in todo ... and when I select one ... I can view upcoming but no option to RECORD SERIES ... it's like it KNOWS the series should be recorded ... but they aren't in the TODO list ... were there yesterday ... not today .gggrrrrrrrr ... slowly rebuilding by deleting series from series manager and then re-selecting record series ....:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   KK in CT

KK in CT

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Lost the view of my connected HR-24 again. Seems to happen with almost every new update. A menu reboot fixed again like always. At least it's easily corrected, just annoying.

#103 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,687 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

And "Poof" ... all of a sudden my entire TODO list has disappeared ... really freaky is that after a reset ... it's still gone ... if I go into Series Manager I can see the items I'm supposed ot have in todo ... and when I select one ... I can view upcoming but no option to RECORD SERIES ... it's like it KNOWS the series should be recorded ... but they aren't in the TODO list ... were there yesterday ... not today .gggrrrrrrrr ... slowly rebuilding by deleting series from series manager and then re-selecting record series ....:mad:

Id reset twice wihtin 30 mins and leave it alone for 24 hours. It would probably repopulate after the guide flush.

#104 OFFLINE   sriggins

sriggins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

This static/no HDMI sync issue is really annoying.

Sometimes I can fix it by tuning to channel 2 which is our ABC channel, then use prev to get back.

DirecTV needs to address this asap, as it worked fine before this update.

#105 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

I still have a blank Extras page and have had, since the last update (when Pandora, etc.) was added. I will say DirecTV tech support has tried and kept up with the status; calling me once, or twice, a week. They have no other suggestions and are coming out tomorrow, to replace the unit. Damn! Now I will lose my recordings and have to get all of my series set up again. Oh well, at least they are doing something and I appreciate that.

#106 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Tried this several times last night and all it does is go away after holding info down a few seconds. I know it worked last week when I reported the 672-1 audio/video dropouts.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#107 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 931 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Tried this several times last night and all it does is go away after holding info down a few seconds. I know it worked last week when I reported the 672-1 audio/video dropouts.

This happens if you are on a "ScoreGuide" channel. Try pressing "Exit" a couple times, that will clear the "ScoreGuide" memory, then press and hold "Info". That works for me. Same method is used on the Weather channel to clear out your forecast. Hope that helps...

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#108 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Just got a new HR34 and it's worked great. However, had a power outage the other day and now I can't read the "List" on my HR22/100 in the other room. I can read and play the "List" on the HR34 from the HR22 so the system is working one-way. I've checked the settings on the HR34 and they seem correct but perhaps I'm missing something. Any ideas?

#109 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Just got a new HR34 and it's worked great. However, had a power outage the other day and now I can't read the "List" on my HR22/100 in the other room. I can read and play the "List" on the HR34 from the HR22 so the system is working one-way. I've checked the settings on the HR34 and they seem correct but perhaps I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Yep, reboot all of your receivers. Its just easier and faster. Just go into menu, settings, and restart receiver.

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / HD Xtra / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#110 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 693 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Confirmed....holding info button down does not bring up info/settings screen on my 34 either. I just tried this again as the Packers are Beating up on the Bears (yet again) on Thursday Night Football. :)

#111 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yep, reboot all of your receivers. Its just easier and faster. Just go into menu, settings, and restart receiver.

Thanks. That did it.

#112 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Now I don't feel so alone. Pressed GUIDE and the GUIDE format appeared but with the GUIDE information area was blank. Terminal. Then the screen turned pink. Of course, REBOOT. Someone said that every new version of HR34 software is worse than than the previous one. I seem to agree. One thing, though -- toggling between channels using the PREV button is much better. God I wish they would fix the FFWD > PLAY > BACKSPACE function. My HR34 still does not backspace nearly enough when I hit PLAY.

#113 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Now I don't feel so alone. Pressed GUIDE and the GUIDE format appeared but with the GUIDE information area was blank. Terminal. Then the screen turned pink. Of course, REBOOT. Someone said that every new version of HR34 software is worse than than the previous one. I seem to agree. One thing, though -- toggling between channels using the PREV button is much better. God I wish they would fix the FFWD > PLAY > BACKSPACE function. My HR34 still does not backspace nearly enough when I hit PLAY.

The HR34 started out working pretty well on the SD GUI. But of course that would never do. So DirecTV has tasked NDS with finding ways to make it less functional and more buggy. Still just a Rupert box.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#114 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,687 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

NDS has zero to do with any of the hd boxes. Zero.

And mine does more now than ever with less issues than when I got it. Not everyone has the same experience.

#115 OFFLINE   aeffen

aeffen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'm experiencing this exact problem, almost always on programs recorded from MSNBC.

I had this exact problem last night after recording the AGT Award Show. Went back to watch the end and although it was in my list of recorded shows, it would not play no matter what I did. I finally hit the red button on the front and did a reboot. This reboot took a little over 5 minutes to complete which is about twice as long as normal and the recording still would not play. Since I had already found out who won, I went to delete the recording and it took almost two minutes to take it out of the list. I wonder if there is anyway to force a diskcheck on reboot without destroying the entire disk?:sure:

#116 OFFLINE   rbohling

rbohling

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

My replacement HR34 was installed yesterday. Now, after two months, I have my Extras screen back and finally have the Pandora and YouTube, which installed over night. The only thing I have noticed (so far) is it will not go to my chosen guide. Whenever the guide button is pushed, it brings up the guide list and it must be selected every time. I have changed my favorite selection, back and forth, but it makes no difference.

#117 OFFLINE   y2k02c5

y2k02c5

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

How is the RF function on the HR34?

Was on the phone with customer service the other night, and they mentioned I qualified for an HR34 for $99. I was planning on getting an HR24 for my basement home theater next month. Currently we have 2 HR 24's with no issues.

Just curious if I should stick with another HR24, or get the HR34.

#118 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,480 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Was on the phone with customer service the other night, and they mentioned I qualified for an HR34 for $99. I was planning on getting an HR24 for my basement home theater next month. Currently we have 2 HR 24's with no issues.

Tough call! :) I just got a '34 and really like it. My other DVR is a '24, which I also like. I'd lean towards the five tuner model and bigger HDD.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#119 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

This really should have been posted in a new thread, but since you asked. In my opinion, its a no-brainer, get the HR34. As mentioned, 5 tuners, twice the storage, plus 2x's the series recordings and PIP. Nothing like being able to record 4 different programs simultaneously and still have an open tuner to watch live TV.

Aside from size and a couple minor glitches, the only downside is that it won't hold the program buffer after you turn it off. So you have to leave it on to buffer the current channel, after you shut your TV off. Although leaving it on, only means the front panel stays lit, unless you dim the panel.

And the RF function works great!
HR34-700, HR22-100

#120 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Thanks. That did it.

Your welcome. Happened to me so I started with my hr23 since those recordings were missing from my hr 34. Rebooting that made the h25 lose contact with the hr 23 so just reset them all. :)

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / HD Xtra / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

spam firewall