Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

From where do Houston's OTA signals originate?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

I searched around here but couldn't find this information...

My 2nd abode is located on the far NW side of Houston, and I was wondering where Houston's OTA channels originate. Wondering if my OTA antenna that I used at my other home would get the signals here where I'm located.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

You can use antennaweb.org . If you put in your address it will show you the direction and distance to the towers.

#3 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ah, that's right. I remember that website now. I should've thought of that in the first place. Thanks.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

also http://en.wikipedia....wiki/RabbitEars

#5 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Figures I'm about 24 miles away from where the signals originate. I don't think my current inside OTA antenna will be strong enough to pull a consistently good signal.

spam firewall