Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT - PVR Failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:27 AM

Set timers on CBS-E and CBS-HD at the same time. Timers fired ok. Went into PVR menu during recording and cancelled CBS-E timer. Moved to the CBS-HD event and did 'start from begining' - no luck. Event went to live viewing and when trying to view recording later, it was not recorded at all (even though it was 40 minutes into the event when I intervened.) The event appeared in the PVR menu, but was 0 bytes (no data). Message was that the event was not recorded.

.....G

SW Version L142HECD-N
Boot Version 120B
Flash Version F051

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:22 AM

If your CBS-HD was recording fine with the timer, why did you need to try to get it to start from the beginning? In any case, if you had two timers and two recordings going on at the same time, then the buffer that is usually going and would be used to initiate a recording "from the beginning" wasn't really recording, as the 921 can only record two streams simultaneously. Therefore, I'd expect the record from the beginning NOT to work as the buffer wouldn't have held any data. Since the timer was still in effect, I imagine it's not surprising that it was still listed in the PRV menu.

#3 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

If your CBS-HD was recording fine with the timer, why did you need to try to get it to start from the beginning? In any case, if you had two timers and two recordings going on at the same time, then the buffer that is usually going and would be used to initiate a recording "from the beginning" wasn't really recording, as the 921 can only record two streams simultaneously. Therefore, I'd expect the record from the beginning NOT to work as the buffer wouldn't have held any data. Since the timer was still in effect, I imagine it's not surprising that it was still listed in the PRV menu.

Jerry - I simply jumped into the stream from the PVR menu and tried to rewind. I used to do this all the time on my 501. Since the event was recording, it should have been possible to rewind, pause, etc., but no PVR functions were available and the PVR event content (after recording finished) was empty.

.....G

Protected By... spam firewall...And...