Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What causes browsers to stop browsing?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mobandit

mobandit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

I dropped Norton and McAfee products several years ago. They became so bloated and crippled many machines.

I certainly recommend MSE with a weekly or monthly scan by Malwarebytes. Or spend the money and get the real-time version.

A friend of mine who runs a data center for a defense contractor recommended MSE to me last year...it works, and all of my computers liked the lack of bloatware that Norton and McAfee installed...

ETCM (SS/SW), USN (RET)
22 years, 4 months, 9 days

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Noticing the great back to back bike avatars---- how bout a photo of each of you two guys doing wheelies down Main Street!?:D

I will refrain from mentioning the real solution here, as it's expensive.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#43 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Noticing the great back to back bike avatars---- how bout a photo of each of you two guys doing wheelies down Main Street!?:D

I will refrain from mentioning the real solution here, as it's expensive.

Expensive doesn't really matter to a lot of us, if you have a solution, share it. I was getting ready to junk this Lenovo I just bought less than a year ago and buy a better laptop.

Rich

#44 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I dropped Norton and McAfee products several years ago. They became so bloated and crippled many machines.

I certainly recommend MSE with a weekly or monthly scan by Malwarebytes. Or spend the money and get the real-time version.

Are you talking about MSE or Malwarebytes regarding buying the real-time version?

Rich

#45 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Expensive doesn't really matter to a lot of us, if you have a solution, share it. I was getting ready to junk this Lenovo I just bought less than a year ago and buy a better laptop.

Rich

Pssssst..... Macintosh. MacBookPro for heavier lifting, MacBookAir for light and pretty.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#46 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Pssssst..... Macintosh. MacBookPro for heavier lifting, MacBookAir for light and pretty.

Gotcha.

Rich

spam firewall