Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
New SWM Install, does tech know what he is doing?
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:20 PM
I also figured out that when he connected 5 dvr's to the one of the 1x8's, that was too many tuners on 1 splitter,so when i moved one cable over to the other 1x8, the 771a error went away. So i wonder if he knew what he was doing?
So the questions are, is the power connected the correct way (all dvr's seem to be working fine) and should the switch and power injector be hot?
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:24 PM
The SWiM-16 has two options for power:
1) the single connector marked PWR.
2) the SWM #1 that also has PWR marked.
The -16 does get warm/hot, but the PI shouldn't be getting that warm/hot.
You seem to have 2 8-way "splitters" connected to the -16, with the PI connected to the one power passing port on the splitter.
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:50 PM