Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
New SWM Install, does tech know what he is doing?
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:20 PM
I also figured out that when he connected 5 dvr's to the one of the 1x8's, that was too many tuners on 1 splitter,so when i moved one cable over to the other 1x8, the 771a error went away. So i wonder if he knew what he was doing?
So the questions are, is the power connected the correct way (all dvr's seem to be working fine) and should the switch and power injector be hot?
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:24 PM
The SWiM-16 has two options for power:
1) the single connector marked PWR.
2) the SWM #1 that also has PWR marked.
The -16 does get warm/hot, but the PI shouldn't be getting that warm/hot.
You seem to have 2 8-way "splitters" connected to the -16, with the PI connected to the one power passing port on the splitter.
Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:50 PM