Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote access needs fixing!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

When trying to watch on my android, from Dish Sling on a 722k, I can't watch anything that is recording. This needs to be fixed.

When in single mode the default tuner needs to be tuner 1 for recordings. If the DVR is recording (in single mode) something when you start remote access, you're screwed because tuner 2 is in use. Can't record with tuner one because it won't let you view a recording in progress. DISH please fix this!

Edited by HDlover, 28 August 2012 - 10:58 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Maybe try leaving it in dual mode, but set the default recording tuner to #1? Go to Menu, Preferences, Record Plus and change it to TV1.

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

In single mode, the recording is going to default to tuner 2 and since the 722 is basically the same as the 622, I don't see Dish will change how it works now. In dual mode, you can set the default to tv1 if you have record plus enabled or if you have record plus disabled, anything set on tuner 1 will stay on tuner 1. Of course, anything set on tuner 2 will record on tuner 2.

#4 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

While you're here for this thread, I noticed a few weeks ago that Dish Remote Access no longer allows me to watch my OTA channels from my 722. I don't use this often, but I distinctly remember being excited months ago that I could watch the OTA subchannels that aren't carried via satellite. When did that change?
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#5 OFFLINE   gschield

gschield

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Same problem here, remote access resets my 722.

spam firewall