Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung Smart TVs - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I tried the RVU in my ES6100 and switched back to using the C31.

First of all the audio/video was going out of sync often.
Secondly I did this on my own, so I didn't get the RC70 remote.

I think for the next wall mounted TV in my home office that I'm going to buy a RVU TV and go that route. But I'll set up an install so I can get the RC70x remote. Any way other than DirecTV to get that remote? Or can I just call them and say I want to swap one of the C31s for RVU and then get a RC70 remote that way?

The lack of the discrete code for the source is also a problem.

Have you tried the latest software on the TV? Mine updated to 001027 last week and it helped with a number or problems.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#182 OFFLINE   Turbota

Turbota

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Has anyone hooked up PN51E550D1F to rvu client or are these Samsung plasmas not compatible. I get the location not authorized. Tried to get dcs to add to my account but they are confused on how to add rvu client to my account. Before I call back and waist another hour with dcs thought I would check to see if this Samsung model is compatible.

Thx Patrick

Edited by Turbota, 24 February 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#183 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I'm shopping for a new Samsung HDTV Smart TV between 42" and 46" for my summer residence I'll be opening soon. I'm searching for one that'll work on a DirecTV receiver. Is there one where you won't need a receiver but can connect to a DirecTV system? Please list model numbers so I can write them down and shop for one. Thanks in advanced.

#184 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I'm shopping for a new Samsung HDTV Smart TV between 42" and 46" for my summer residence I'll be opening soon. I'm searching for one that'll work on a DirecTV receiver. Is there one where you won't need a receiver but can connect to a DirecTV system? Please list model numbers so I can write them down and shop for one. Thanks in advanced.

www.DIRECTV.com/RVU

#185 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Or http://www.rvualliance.com/products

#186 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,419 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Has anyone hooked up PN51E550D1F to rvu client or are these Samsung plasmas not compatible.

This page suggests that it is RVU capable out of the box:

http://support-us.sa...n_id=&from_osc=

Why they have two different pages that talk about RVU capable TVs is a head scratcher.

It boggles the mind that the RVU Alliance still hasn't certified a server.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#187 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Noticed that release 001029 is now available for my UN40ES6100. Just started playing with it but trick play seems a bit better with this release but also still see occasional stuttering and audio drops.

#188 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm trying to activate a second Samsung RVU TV. My first one when I selected RVU from the list it came up with a screen asking for a PIN (when the add a client screen was on the Genie). On this second TV (which is on the new firmware 001029) and it just says This location is not authorized in DirecTV print. I haven't been able to get it to display the PIN screen. I even called DirecTV and had them activate a second RVU client, made sure it was on the account and still doesn't connect. If I leave it on the screen it brings up the DirecTV screen saver, just never a PIN entry screen. Any ideas?
I saw one other person have the issue on the forum of the last post on the Q1 2012 Samsung TV topic, but no resolution. Thanks!

#189 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm trying to activate a second Samsung RVU TV. My first one when I selected RVU from the list it came up with a screen asking for a PIN (when the add a client screen was on the Genie). On this second TV (which is on the new firmware 001029) and it just says This location is not authorized in DirecTV print. I haven't been able to get it to display the PIN screen. I even called DirecTV and had them activate a second RVU client, made sure it was on the account and still doesn't connect. If I leave it on the screen it brings up the DirecTV screen saver, just never a PIN entry screen. Any ideas?
I saw one other person have the issue on the forum of the last post on the Q1 2012 Samsung TV topic, but no resolution. Thanks!

What model TV is this?

#190 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

UN40ES6100

#191 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

UN40ES6100

I've got the same exact model and I see that pop up every now and then it goes away in a few seconds. The ES6100's are a supported model so I'd get tech support involved to have them escalate.

It's not because you don't have a RVU client available on the account but the Genie thinks that the model number isn't a supported set.

#192 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have also seen that my other TV (UN55ES7100) on occasion but like you said it goes away after just a few seconds if that. That TV just shows it the whole time.

#193 OFFLINE   Rockl

Rockl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I connected my UN40ES6100f to the HR34 via wifi using this Netear $30 wifi bridge: http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Works great. No need for a coax/deca cable to the TV, it does great over standard 2GHz 802.11n wifi. Now, why in the heck Samsung doesn't allow you to connect to the HR34 using the TV's built-in internal wifi, I'll never know.

#194 OFFLINE   TimothyP

TimothyP

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi mdpeterman,

I've been looking for discreet IR codes for a long time, and the Samsung tech support are clueless. You'd mentioned that you set up discreet codes for your TV, so I figured that I'd ask if you'd be willing to share them or where you found them. I would be so grateful! :)

Thank you.

#195 ONLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hi mdpeterman,

I've been looking for discreet IR codes for a long time, and the Samsung tech support are clueless. You'd mentioned that you set up discreet codes for your TV, so I figured that I'd ask if you'd be willing to share them or where you found them. I would be so grateful! :)

Thank you.

What remote do you have? The codes are available on most of the web forums, for example at remotecentral.com

#196 OFFLINE   TimothyP

TimothyP

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have the Samsung AA59-00652A Remote Control

I'm trying to find the codes that this remote sends as well as discrete codes.

#197 OFFLINE   mammut

mammut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Has anyone seen a 32" RVU capable TV?  I have been looking but have been unable to find one that is RVU capable.

#198 ONLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have the Samsung AA59-00652A Remote Control

I'm trying to find the codes that this remote sends as well as discrete codes.

Yes but what programmable remote are you trying to program with the discrete codes? harmony? Pronto?

#199 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Has anyone seen a 32" RVU capable TV?  I have been looking but have been unable to find one that is RVU capable.

It looks like last year's UN32ES6500, and this year's UN32F6300 and UN32F5500 should all be compatible.

http://www.rvualliance.org/products

http://support-us.sa...FoShyJHLdynmV8=

http://support-us.sa...lfsmifQxXd1_-8=

http://support-us.sa...VRjHgHjy_yua_c=

Edited by Beerstalker, 24 April 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#200 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

My Samsung UN40ES6100 found software update 001031 available so I downloaded it. Testing so far doesn't show any DVR function performance improvements, using the SKIP FWD/REW is horrible using either SKIP or SLIP. Hit FF and it take a couple seconds before doing anything and this is paired with a HR44. Plus they still haven't added a Screen Fit picture size option so the set has overscan when using it as a RVU client. Looks like I'm still going to be keeping my DIRECTV client hardware around.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...