Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Local TV LLC Dispute. (21 Local stations affected)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

This topic is to discuss the dispute between Local TV LLC and DirecTV. I already saw two separate topics come up.... before any more pop up, might as well centralize the discussion here in this central topic.

These are the affected stations:

http://www.directvpr...m/local-tv-llc/
http://www.localtvllc.com/ourstations/

Are your locals affected?
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yes FOX8 Cleveland is affected for me
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSALEM,MISSOURI 65560

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Fox 2 ktvi st.louis is to

#4 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 990 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

KDVR 31 (FOX) in Denver is on the list. It won't really affect me if there is an interruption since we subscribe to Comcast as well as DirecTV. Having two providers, despite the cost, has its advantages when carriage disputes come into play (both local and national channels).

#5 OFFLINE   DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSALEM,MISSOURI 65560

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

kdvr 31 (fox) in denver is on the list. It won't really affect me if there is an interruption since we subscribe to comcast as well as directv. Having two providers, despite the cost, has its advantages when carriage disputes come into play (both local and national channels).

if fox 2 does get pulled we will not have anyway to watch fox

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

if fox 2 does get pulled we will not have anyway to watch fox

If the www.tvfool.com results are accurate, and you are 86 miles from the transmitter, you will qualify for Fox DNS without a waiver should your satellite fox station get pulled.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#7 OFFLINE   Vinny*

Vinny*

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

WTVR Channel 6 in Richmond Virginia is affected. At least this one comes over good via an indoor OTA antenna if need be.

#8 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

I am not affected by a possible station loss but I am affected by the outrageous $5 per month ESPN extracts from DirecTV. :(
When news breaks...we fix it.

#9 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hmmmm....Guess I'll have to dust off my rabbit ears if I want to watch any FOX4 KC programming this weekend.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#10 OFFLINE   vobguy

vobguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

WTVR Channel 6 in Richmond Virginia is affected. At least this one comes over good via an indoor OTA antenna if need be.

If you live close enough. Not sure if it comes in at my place, some neighbors have had problems but I also helped another neighbor (who was trying to save money by dropping satellite) pick it up about a half mile down the road, needed an amplified antenna to do it IIRC (this was just after the digital transition)

Still even if I can get it to work OTA, it will suck, since my DirecTV DirecTV DVR does not handle OTA at all. I will have to watch everything live until I jury rig some sort of PC type DVR.

#11 OFFLINE   c.Joy

c.Joy

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes my NBC station will be affected. I hope that nothing becomes of this. Because if I have to watch over the air I can not not DVR the shows for later

#12 OFFLINE   kfcrosby

kfcrosby

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yes I am affected (WREG - Memphis) and I say to DirecTV, LET EM GO BLACK ! They'll come begging once they see their ratings fall. Corporate greed at its best.

Kevin

Kevin Crosby
Memphis, TN
DirecTV subscriber since 1996

#13 OFFLINE   Vinny*

Vinny*

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

If you live close enough. Not sure if it comes in at my place, some neighbors have had problems but I also helped another neighbor (who was trying to save money by dropping satellite) pick it up about a half mile down the road, needed an amplified antenna to do it IIRC (this was just after the digital transition)

Still even if I can get it to work OTA, it will suck, since my DirecTV DirecTV DVR does not handle OTA at all. I will have to watch everything live until I jury rig some sort of PC type DVR.

I have an AM21 hooked up to my HR 24. The only channel I have trouble with is NBC 12

#14 OFFLINE   stevester23

stevester23

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I went to the DTV website today to inquire about purchasing an AM21 tuner, but when I click on AM21 tuner under accessories it links me back to the page for the HR24-500 which I already have. Is there something wrong with the link or is it possible the DVR software is being updated to eliminate having to purchase a tuner in the future?

#15 OFFLINE   mcrutland

mcrutland

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I went to the DTV website today to inquire about purchasing an AM21 tuner, but when I click on AM21 tuner under accessories it links me back to the page for the HR24-500 which I already have. Is there something wrong with the link or is it possible the DVR software is being updated to eliminate having to purchase a tuner in the future?

You can order one on solidsignal.com

#16 OFFLINE   vobguy

vobguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have an AM21 hooked up to my HR 24. The only channel I have trouble with is NBC 12

Funny, isnt the transmitter In chesterfield? I had a lot of problems with 12 as I recall, but I am practically in Fluvanna county. I can get Charlottesville's NBC better than I can get Richmond's

#17 OFFLINE   egclone

egclone

Mentor

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationJohnston, IA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have an AM21 hooked up to HR24-500 and we have lost the local NBC affiliate (Channel 13.1) in the Des Moines, IA area. I can't get channel 13.1 on the AM21 now just get the DirecTV logo.

How can DirecTV block this since I'm not using the satellite for local affiliates? Since I have an antenna to receive the OTA signals can they legally do this?

#18 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Directv probably said they would remove from their guide and the am21's must have been included in that when they broke off business ties.

I have an AM21 hooked up to HR24-500 and we have lost the local NBC affiliate (Channel 13.1) in the Des Moines, IA area. I can't get channel 13.1 on the AM21 now just get the DirecTV logo.

How can DirecTV block this since I'm not using the satellite for local affiliates? Since I have an antenna to receive the OTA signals can they legally do this?

#19 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

These "disputes" are getting really old. I am about to cut pay TV from my monthly bills lists.

#20 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

To a large extent all these disputes are about money. The provider wants more and D* does not want to pay much if any more. Again we have no idea if this LocalTV LLC, is trying to get a really large increase or not. Probably like some of the others recently we will loose these stations for a while, but hopefully will be resolved by the time the new TV season starts. Most of what I record is CBS. I could always go Fios if it lasts very long, they now have BBCA in hd so it is a even swap for me.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

spam firewall