Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Local TV LLC Dispute. (21 Local stations affected)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   hidefman

hidefman

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Directv probably said they would remove from their guide and the am21's must have been included in that when they broke off business ties.

So now I think I will get upset... I was planning on just tuning the off-air channel on my am21 during the dispute. Are you telling me the AM21 tuner is not going to work if the A3 signal is no longer available on a transponder? ...because guide data (or no guide data) can disable the off-air signal on AM21?

Yep I am going to be upset. I can route my off-air signal directly to TV (very inconvenient) or I can just go to another provider.

Why wouldn't DTV just let our AM21 work as it does now? That would be to DTV's advantage. Still get the signal without caving in to Local TV.

Let them burn... ... let them all burn.... darn it.
5 LNB AU9 Slimline, SWM16, 1 - HR34, 2 - HR21-700, 2 - HR20-700, 1 - HR20-100, 1 H21, Networked cat 5, CE.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

It is possible any place they said this that it could occur that way and if it does go down that way for you it isn't by directv's choice either.

So now I think I will get upset... I was planning on just tuning the off-air channel on my am21 during the dispute. Are you telling me the AM21 tuner is not going to work if the A3 signal is no longer available on a transponder? ...because guide data (or no guide data) can disable the off-air signal on AM21?

Yep I am going to be upset. I can route my off-air signal directly to TV (very inconvenient) or I can just go to another provider.

Why wouldn't DTV just let our AM21 work as it does now? That would be to DTV's advantage. Still get the signal without caving in to Local TV.

Let them burn... ... let them all burn.... darn it.

#23 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

with my local cbs station involved how will that affect sunday ticket for me
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#24 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Blackout rules don't change just because Directv doesn't provide the channel. You will have to tune to that channel to view the games they carry.

with my local cbs station involved how will that affect sunday ticket for me

#25 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

This topic is to discuss the dispute between Local TV LLC and DirecTV. I already saw two separate topics come up.... before any more pop up, might as well centralize the discussion here in this central topic.

Are your locals affected?

Yep! CBS and CW but we use an AM21. No worries... :D

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#26 OFFLINE   Riverpilot

Riverpilot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

According to my local ABC station here in the Quad Cities, Davenport, Rock Island, Bettendorf... they've come to an agreement and the channel won't be going off-air.

#27 OFFLINE   stevester23

stevester23

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

According to my local ABC station here in the Quad Cities, Davenport, Rock Island, Bettendorf... they've come to an agreement and the channel won't be going off-air.

I think your correct. I had a message on my on screen guide earlier today informing about carriage agreement/dispute, but now it is gone.

#28 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

I think your correct. I had a message on my on screen guide earlier today informing about carriage agreement/dispute, but now it is gone.

Same here. Earlier today there was a channel 31-1 called ALERT with the info, but it was since been removed. I was actually thinking that maybe the existence of a -1 channel was confusing the AM21's out there and preventing the OTA channel from being tuned.

#29 OFFLINE   c.Joy

c.Joy

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

The alert channel is gone on my end as well!!!
Thanks for the heads up to look on my guide,

#30 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

alert channel gone here as well
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#31 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, the news article on Fox 2 KTVI in St. Louis web site is gone now.

http://fox2now.com/2...rom-ktvi-fox-2/

#32 OFFLINE   hidefman

hidefman

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

family and friends working at the Local TV affiliate here report to me an agreement has been reached. Good news.
5 LNB AU9 Slimline, SWM16, 1 - HR34, 2 - HR21-700, 2 - HR20-700, 1 - HR20-100, 1 H21, Networked cat 5, CE.

#33 OFFLINE   Lucid504

Lucid504

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

From Directv Promise:

We are pleased to have reached an agreement with Local TV LLC that we believe is fair and equitable for our customers, who will continue to enjoy Local TV-owned channels without interruption. We appreciate our customers’ patience as we worked to successfully complete this agreement.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...