Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anger Management Renewed....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

...for 90 episodes!

The show has "met and exceeded" what FX expected it to do in order to be renewed apparently.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

Hilarious show that I look forward to every week.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

I've watched the first 4 episodes and it is pretty funny, the problem is I have to watch it by myself. My wife won't watch anything with Charlie Sheen and it obviously not appropriate to watch with the kids.

Even his house has a odd similarity to his previous show.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 ONLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,362 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I like the show -- happy to see it will be renewed, but 90 episodes? Wow. Charlie falls out of a bed of roses into a barrel of sh*t and still comes out smelling like roses. I like his ex-wife's character show on the show. She reminds my of my ex.

Speaking of exes, is not the Sheen the biggest dumbass of dumbasses on the planet -- losing the very hot and stuinningly beautiful Denise Richards. I would worship her. I'm available. :P

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,113 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

We took the plunge to see how this show would fly...and somewhat to our amazement...it's pretty entertaining. It's nice to know that it's not another one of those shows that is sink or swim based on one season of episodes.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't like it. Timing seemed off, and I didn't care for any of the patients. I'll check it out whenever it comes back on to see if it's improved.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#6 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

The more I watch it the more I like it.... I think it is getting better. Good cast around Charlie.
DirecTV customer since 1995

#7 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't like it.

Incorrect.

In the first episode, there wasn't a single "joke" that wasn't obvious.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,261 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Incorrect.

In the first episode, there wasn't a single "joke" that wasn't obvious.

Well duh, it is first of all a sitcom which are generally renowned for their obvious and mindless entertainment. Secondly it's Charlie Sheen, just how subtle and nuanced were you really expecting?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#9 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

I was expecting at least one or two that I wasn't expecting.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

I've been laughing my butt off each week. Especially with the episode where his father played his father, hilarious.

I too love the ex-wife character.

For those of you who only watched the pilot, big loss. The pilot is clearly the worst episode, if you had to pick a worst episode.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

I like the show -- happy to see it will be renewed, but 90 episodes? Wow.

Yeah, 90 kinda blew me away too. At the size of their season that's like 9 years. :lol:

I can only imagine that when Charlie and his brother pitched the idea to FX they figured it would be a flop so they said "Yeah, if it does X we'll give you 90" and then laughed. I guess Charlie proved them wrong.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

As part of the deal, FX set a ratings target for eight of the first 10 episodes of ‘‘Anger Management.’’ The show reached the threshold, earning an automatic 90-episode order, the channel said.
The round figure of 100 episodes is the benchmark for series syndication, and that’s the future for episodes that have shown first on FX, said producer Debmar-Mercury, a Lionsgate subsidiary.
‘‘Anger Management’’ will go into syndication in September 2014, the company said Wednesday. It’s a model that Debmar-Mercury used with the Ice Cube sitcom ‘‘Are We There Yet?’’ and on ‘‘Tyler Perry’s House of Payne’’ and ‘‘Meet the Browns.’’

http://www.boston.co...yseM/story.html

Protected By... spam firewall...And...