Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

overcompresson

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

No; I was born yesterday and am completely self centered and unaware of the possibilites as to how to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well at least it's a reminder of what most others already know- there's always a problem with complaints that are based on personal preferences.

Gary

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,985 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Others already know? Yes, most are aware if you lose a channel, someone's likely to b and m. 

But there seems to be a lot of near duplication, plenty of room to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

a lot 

uh,no.

Gary

#25 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

XM has some sort of new system they tested awhile back that actually produces some stereo separation and a (perceived) increase in quality.  While they were testing it, some of the XM channels were in mono (like Escape and a rock channel which I forget).  But now they sound pretty decent in my car.  I'm anxiously awaiting their "Free Listening Event" (see my other post) which begins TOMORROW (May 21) so I can dust off my SkyFi 2 and Roady which have been inactive for years and see how the channels sound on my home stereo system.

In any event, I wouldn't pay more than $25 for 6 months for XM anymore.  That $15/month "regular price" plus music fee plus tax etc. is ridiculous with all the other choices available nowadays.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

Protected By... spam firewall...And...