Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper / Sling adapter not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jtgreens

jtgreens

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I have recently upgraded to the Hopper and purchased the Sling Adapter. I am able to connect to the DVR through the SA using Dishonline and it will show my recorded shows but whenever I try to watch it never loads and I get the following error - "Your device isn't correctly registering with our service. Wait five minutes, then try again. If this recurs, reboot your device or router if you can. Then try again. (Error 6)". I have worked with 3 different support reps and have gotten nowhere. The last one said it may router setting issues but I am not sure. Anyone know of the required router settings in order to get the SA to play video remotely? Also, when I try to watch using my iPhone and the Dish app I get a "findID" error. Not sure what that means.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Open Port 80. Also make sure DMZ+ and uPnP is enabled.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,780 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

When you say "recently"... how recently is that? Some have reported that it took a couple of days before their receivers were settled in and all features worked as expected, including Sling.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   jtgreens

jtgreens

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

I am out of the country now - wishing I could use the SA - but when I get back I will make the changes to the router and see if that addresses the issue.
Thanks for the information.

#5 OFFLINE   jtgreens

jtgreens

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

I have had the Hopper about a month and the SA 2 weeks. No issues with the Hopper and streaming movies through OD.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,780 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

You aren't supposed to have to configure anything on your router, though it is possible you could be unintentionally blocking something... most setups usually do not have to do anything but plug & play.

It is possible your receiver does need a reboot, but if you don't have someone at the house you can't do that.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...