Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

losing personal favorites

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

I have a hopper and daily I lose my some of my personal favorites. a channel or two at a time . for example this week everyday I have tried to put in channel 13 hd it allows me to enter it but it doesn't remember it but it does remember the non HD. can somebody please fix this in the hopper. I do not want to use my channels or my HD channels or all channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

It's a common problem with some Hoppers. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

2H/1J

#3 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

I have been complaining for months, to include contacting DIRT, but it hasn't been fixed or even officially acknowledged as an issue.

When editing your Favorite Channel list, try make changes but adding/deleting 2 or more channels at the same time.
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#4 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have been complaining for months, to include contacting DIRT, but it hasn't been fixed or even officially acknowledged as an issue.

When editing your Favorite Channel list, try make changes but adding/deleting 2 or more channels at the same time.

Yeah one of my Hoppers has been doing this for a while and the save-on-pairs thing won't work either :( . Fix it Dish!!!

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#5 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

I don't seem to be losing any channels from my custom favorites but I have noticed that the default listing will "reset" to My Channels from the custom list I've made. Is this a bug too?

#6 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Resetting nightly to "My Channels" appears to be normal behavior.

I too have noticed I don't seem to be losing channels from my favorite lists recently. I am not sure if the issue was actually fixed. Got my fingers crossed that the issue won't return.

#7 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Has any progress been made in fixing this issue of the favorites resetting to "My Channels?"
Getting pretty annoying having to select my custom favorites everyday (sometimes a couple times a day).

:(

#8 OFFLINE   dishwater

dishwater

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Still seems to be a problem. There is one channel, the local Fox HD, that simply will not go on My Favorites list. The SD will go, but not the HD. I called Dish and the CSR tried a few things then gave up. Said she would turn in a report to engineering to get a fix.

#9 OFFLINE   clotter

clotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

I noticed channels disappearing from my main favorites list also. I didn't notice it until the start of the new NFL season. For me it's mostly been the local Fox and CW channels that disappear from the list. I've tried adding them back at least two at a time per what others have recommended, but the channels aren't "sticking" permanently.

#10 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Guess I'm doing better than some. I don't seem to missing individual channels. My favs list just keeps resetting to the "My Channels" every day (sometimes during the day).

#11 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

The guide defaulting to MY CHANNELS is how the receiver was designed to function

#12 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

The guide defaulting to MY CHANNELS is how the receiver was designed to function

That's the craziest thing I have ever heard. WHY would they allow you to customize a channel guide and THEN force it to reset to the default when the machine turns off? I would hope to give the Dish engineers a little more credit than that.

#13 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

I noticed channels disappearing from my main favorites list also. I didn't notice it until the start of the new NFL season. For me it's mostly been the local Fox and CW channels that disappear from the list. I've tried adding them back at least two at a time per what others have recommended, but the channels aren't "sticking" permanently.

I seemed to be doing better recently until I made a change to my favorite list to include AMC. Since then I am again losing local channels from my favorite list.

Frustrates me that Dish just keeps ignoring this thread and the associated bug!!

#14 OFFLINE   clotter

clotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I seemed to be doing better recently until I made a change to my favorite list to include AMC. Since then I am again losing local channels from my favorite list.

Frustrates me that Dish just keeps ignoring this thread and the associated bug!!

Now that I'm actively watching for it, I find one local channel missing on nearly a daily basis. So far it's been NBC 26, CW 32, or PBS 38. Strange that it's always the channels in the upper range. I don't recall ever seeing 2, 5, 11, or 14 disappearing. :confused:

spam firewall