Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV Everwhere problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Papa J

Papa J

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Problem 1: Recently I changed from DSL to Uverse Internet and doubled my speed from 6 to 12 Mbps. Uverse requires a 2 Wire Gateway which replaced my modem and e4200 Cisco router. Since the change, I occasionally get a "network responding too slowly" message when I try to watch live tv on my iPad using DTV Everywhere. I have tried disabling the wireless on the gateway and using the E4200 as a wireless access point and get the same message. AT&T replaced the gateway (3600 HGV) today so I enabled the wireless on it and disconnected the E4200. I still have the same error occasionally. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. My HR21 and 22 are connected to my router via a wired Cisco workgroup box. This is the unsupported network method but always worked flawlessly before Uverse. Also, I have had no problems with On Demand programming or watching programming from either DVR on the other DVR.

Problem 2: DTV Everywhere has never worked on my iPhone 4s. I always get an error saying something about DTV experiencing an internal server error and to try again later.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Problem 1: Recently I changed from DSL to Uverse Internet and doubled my speed from 6 to 12 Mbps. Uverse requires a 2 Wire Gateway which replaced my modem and e4200 Cisco router. Since the change, I occasionally get a "network responding too slowly" message when I try to watch live tv on my iPad using DTV Everywhere. I have tried disabling the wireless on the gateway and using the E4200 as a wireless access point and get the same message. AT&T replaced the gateway (3600 HGV) today so I enabled the wireless on it and disconnected the E4200. I still have the same error occasionally. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. My HR21 and 22 are connected to my router via a wired Cisco workgroup box. This is the unsupported network method but always worked flawlessly before Uverse. Also, I have had no problems with On Demand programming or watching programming from either DVR on the other DVR.

Problem 2: DTV Everywhere has never worked on my iPhone 4s. I always get an error saying something about DTV experiencing an internal server error and to try again later.

How often is occasionally?

1. Under Settings, check the WiFi settings, check that the DNS settings are tfor the Uverse servers and not still set to the DSL servers DNS.

2. There is no DTV Everywhere app for an iPhone 4s.

#3 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

What model is the router i seem to recall an issue with firmware
in a particular two wire router...cant remmeber what model illm have to check back on that
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#4 OFFLINE   Papa J

Papa J

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. The problem (1) occurs one or two times per day but only when I a logging into the app for the first time since closing it out. It will normally work when I select the channel to watch the 2nd time. Having said that, yesterday I had to select CNN 8 times in a row before it would work. When I run a speed test, it shows my network is running at near the max speed I pay for (11+ Mbps on a plan offering up to 12). This is the same if I run it from my wired computer or the iPad.

#5 OFFLINE   Papa J

Papa J

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

What model is the router i seem to recall an issue with firmware
in a particular two wire router...cant remmeber what model illm have to check back on that

Both the first and the replacement gateway are the same, model 3600hgv

Protected By... spam firewall...And...