Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 guide delayed when NFL Sunday Ticket Free Trial ad displayed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Every time I scroll through the guide and the NFLST Free Trial ad displays on the guide page, there's a delay of about 15 seconds before the box becomes responsive. Other ads inserted in the guide don't exhibit this behavior. Are they doing this on purpose? If so, totally unacceptable considering I already pay them for NFLST.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I just tried that and mine skimmed right over it.
Something you might look at that might help.
Menu, Settings, Display, Preferences and turn the Scrolling Features to OFF.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

I just tried that and mine skimmed right over it.
Something you might look at that might help.
Menu, Settings, Display, Preferences and turn the Scrolling Features to OFF.

Turned scrolling features off, still same problem.

On a side note I have an H21-100 in another room and there's no ads in the guide at all.

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

In the last couple of days I read that the placement of those ads was triggered by the adjacent channel. If the adjacent channel is not shown in the Guide , then that ad will not show there either.
I have not tried this yet to see if it is so. Since you have 2 sets showing differently you might check to see if channels next to the ads are different between the 2 sets.

If you do a Page down or up does it delay there also.
If yes, it is possible that this particular scheme of colors, brightness, etc. is causing IR interference.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Page down/Page up has the delay if the guide page you land on has the NFLST ad on it. Right now my biggest annoyance is trying to watch Travel Channel HD 277. The NFLST ad is between 277 and 278. Every time I decide to go back to the guide while watching 277, I have to wait 15 seconds before I can navigate the guide.

The H21 non DVR has the same channel set except that it shows the SD versions of each channel in addition to the HD versions. The HR24 only shows the HD channels.

I seriously doubt it's IR interference

#6 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I just tried what I had read.
I took channel 278HD out of my favorites and that ad is gone. If I add that channel back to the favorites, the ad pops up again.
Taking 277HD out of the list did not get rid of the ad.

#7 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

It's times like this when I'm glad I use my DVR to watch recordings.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#8 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Or you could view the Sunday ticket ad and it will clear off the guide but would stay on your playlist after viewing it which of course you can delete.

#9 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Or you could view the Sunday ticket ad and it will clear off the guide but would stay on your playlist after viewing it which of course you can delete.

Excellent Info. I pressed the Select button on the ad, Fast Forwarded thru it until the option came up to delete it, deleted it. That particular ad has vanished from the entire Guide and is not on the playlist either since I deleted it.

Thanks for that.

#10 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thanks, that fixed it. Didn't realize these ads could be linked to a DVR recording. My disk is 91% full and I've got 100's of recordings, so perhaps it's struggling with a fragmented disk or something...

Edited by paule123, 04 September 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thanks, that fixed it. Didn't realize these ads could be linked to a DVR recording. My disk is 91% full and I've got 100's of recordings, so perhaps it's struggling with a fragmented disk or something...

Excellent Info. I pressed the Select button on the ad, Fast Forwarded thru it until the option came up to delete it, deleted it. That particular ad has vanished from the entire Guide and is not on the playlist either since I deleted it.

Thanks for that.

You're welcome :)

spam firewall