Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free Trial (for everyone)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Sirius uses variable bitrates - a technology that has been around a long time. Just a clue in spite of those who need to do the research. :)
Gary

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,584 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Gary-

I knew Sirius used different bit rates for different channels, and was not surprised to learn they may vary them on the same channel for whatever reason.

Your insinuations regarding others' learning doesn't mask that you've not been able to answer direct questions.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I answer every question that relates to this thread and no questions that are none of your business. Must be a difficult concept.
Gary

#24 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Can you point me in the direction of a free trial for me car, a 2008 Avalon purchased 1.5yr ago, for at least 2 months if possible....for a 1mo plus vacation.

Thanks in advance!

My car needed to have the equipment installed but did have the XM radio already. After I left the installer I noticed stations sounded like the bottom of the oil can, or whatever. Found out my radio setup of bass,mid, and treble had reset to 0 and upon resetting obviously resolved.
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#25 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

There you go!
Gary

#26 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Another two week freebie coming up:
Tell your friends & family!
SiriusXM Free Preview
January 30 — February 12

http://siriusxm.com/freelistening

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall