Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comedy Central Schedule??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joerockt

joerockt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Not sure what's going on, but the schedule in which the show are on are all jacked up. Even stranger, the programming is actually following this schedule!

Its showing The Daily Show at the moment and says it started at 4:14pm. Its almost 4:30 and its only halfway through the show. This is really bizarre. This is happening on our other DVR as well.

Anyone else seeing this? I searched but didnt find anything.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,104 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yep, that's their schedule. I only record Daily Show so don't know if this is normal or not for them. I checked several days, and it seems like it might be standard.

http://www.comedycen...om/tv-schedule/

#3 OFFLINE   banthatracks77

banthatracks77

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Not sure if it is related, but I ordered a Pay Per View movie today and before it ended it stopped playing and changed to the "the show starts in" screen. I tried watching it later and the same thing happened. I few minutes ago I saw a "technical difficulties" screen on one of the PPV channels.

#4 OFFLINE   joerockt

joerockt

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yep, that's their schedule. I only record Daily Show so don't know if this is normal or not for them. I checked several days, and it seems like it might be standard.

http://www.comedycen...om/tv-schedule/

Wow, then something changed recently cause it never used to be like that, and I've been watching TDS since Kilborn.

Don't understand the logic at all for such jacked up start times.

Well, just found this, guess that explains it, but its still really dumb:

http://hotair.com/ar...comedy-central/

#5 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Guess they are trying to make up for that pittance of money they failed to extract from DirecTv subscribers :)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,104 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

I used to be annoyed when a show would end at 10:01 and cause a 10pm show to not record. Fortunately I was able to resolve that with technology :)

#7 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

whatever. didn't even notice it.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...