Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22-500 lost 1080p using hdmi?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Always had 1080p. Now it is greyed out for some reason. Any ideas? Have the latest version of firmware. Called up Directv and they are suppose to push a new firmware upgrade with in the next 48-72hrs. No telling how long it has been lost. I just noticed it going through my settings.... My tv is certainly 1080p 24fps capable as I order plenty of movies from Directv and when hitting info on my tv. It showed it displaying @1080p with "Real Cinema" on for 24fps. I have a newer LG 55" led tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Now it is back. Wth? I also have the box set to "native". and always have. Wondering if it is some kind of hdmi handshake issue that happens randomly? :confused:

#3 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Ahhhhh the mystery firmware upgrade....glad its fixed though. Sure its not the native setting? I always had mine turned off
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#4 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

I turned it off and it still had the problem. Tech support told me to try that. I am also still having major audio drop outs with my local channels. Wondering if my dish is out of alignment or signals need to be tweaked. Its been 3 years since having it checked out....

P.S. I have to leave native on as I do not like a stretched out 4:3 picture to 16:9 when viewing sd content.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,085 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

I turned it off and it still had the problem. Tech support told me to try that. I am also still having major audio drop outs with my local channels. Wondering if my dish is out of alignment or signals need to be tweaked. Its been 3 years since having it checked out....

P.S. I have to leave native on as I do not like a stretched out 4:3 picture to 16:9 when viewing sd content.

You can have Naive to OFF and have the 4:3 picture by choosing Pillar Box for the Format.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,551 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Maybe reseating the HDMI cable on both ends would help.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Ahhhhh the mystery firmware upgrade....glad its fixed though. Sure its not the native setting? I always had mine turned off

All my HRs get set to Native On and I've never had a bit of trouble with that.

Rich

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

All my HRs get set to Native On and I've never had a bit of trouble with that.

Rich

+1

DirecTV customer since 1995.

spam firewall