Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 plus phonline makes static.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Name141

Name141

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

We had to replace a 722 that was working fine, except the HDMI port went out.

We tried 2 receivers and with both we get static and no dial tone on the phone line when it's hooked in to the VIP722.

The old one didn't do it and displayed the caller ID fine.

We aren't sending or going to ask for another one since the sat works fine now. However, we like to see the caller ID on the TV.

Any idea why the newer/replacements wouldn't be working right ? On the one I have now I get static and "If you'd like to make a collect call please dial 1.." over and over. When we unhook the VIP722 it instantly fixes it and we can dial out, and get calls in again.

Edited by Name141, 05 September 2012 - 07:15 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

You probably have a bad modem in the 722 receiver. You'll need a replacement receiver if you want the Caller ID feature to work. Thanks.

We had to replace a 722 that was working fine, except the HDMI port went out.

We tried 2 receivers and with both we get static and no dial tone on the phone line when it's hooked in to the VIP722.

The old one didn't do it and displayed the caller ID fine.

We aren't sending or going to ask for another one since the sat works fine now. However, we like to see the caller ID on the TV.

Any idea why the newer/replacements wouldn't be working right ? On the one I have now I get static and "If you'd like to make a collect call please dial 1.." over and over. When we unhook the VIP722 it instantly fixes it and we can dial out, and get calls in again.

#3 OFFLINE   Name141

Name141

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

You probably have a bad modem in the 722 receiver. You'll need a replacement receiver if you want the Caller ID feature to work. Thanks.

Well, it would make the 3rd attempt at it if we did it (and the 3rd receiver we'd have to put in a fedex pickup.. and listen to how "if it's damaged we'll be responsible for MSRP" like we have any control over it during shipping) . Why aren't the units tested before leaving to the consumer ?

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Make sure you are plugging into the phone port, not the ethernet port.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   Name141

Name141

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Make sure you are plugging into the phone port, not the ethernet port.

I think RJ11 would fall out of a RJ45 ?:eek2:

#6 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think RJ11 would fall out of a RJ45 ?:eek2:

No, it goes right in there nice and tight if the plug is in good shape.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...