Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2012 - 2013 NFL Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#251 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Woot, go go Patriots. Time for a rematch of the AFC Championship. On the other side of news, if your going to talk trash, at least be someone people know on your own team. From ESPNBoston.com:
--
New England does some suspect stuff on offense. Can't really respect it. Comparable to a cheap shot b4 a fight

— Brendon Ayanbadejo (@brendon310) January 13, 2013

The war of words between the Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots already is under way.

While New England was in the process of defeating the Houston Texans on Sunday to set up an AFC Championship Game rematch with Baltimore, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo ripped the Patriots on Twitter, particularly criticizing their no-huddle offense.

"New England does some suspect stuff on offense. Can't really respect it. Comparable to a cheap shot b4 a fight," Ayanbadejo tweeted on his account, @brendon310.

Ayanbadejo will get an opportunity to see New England's offense in person next weekend when the Ravens visit the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game for the second consecutive season. New England won last year's meeting, 23-20, thanks to a missed field goal by Baltimore's Billy Cundiff as time expired.

The Patriots gained 457 yards of total offense in Sunday's 41-28 victory over the Texans, as Tom Brady passed for 344 yards while orchestrating a hurry-up offense that confounded Houston throughout the contest.

But Ayanbadejo was unimpressed, referring to the Patriots' approach as "a gimmick."

"Are you watching the game pats vs texans?," Ayanbadejo tweeted. "If so you see the hurry snap offense catch em b4 they set up. It's a gimmick."

"Their offense is good enough to be successful with out that," he later tweeted.

Ayanbadejo proceeded to make a critical references to the Spygate scandal and Patriots coach Bill Belichick's decision to cut wide receiver Tiquan Underwood one day before Super Bowl XLVI.

"You know the same organization that did spygate and cut a guy the day b4 the Super Bowl," he tweeted.

Ayanbadejo also referred to the Patriots' 2007 season, when they completed the only 16-0 regular season in NFL history but lost to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII.

"18-1," he tweeted.

The Ravens rallied past the Patriots for a 31-30 victory in Week 3 this season. Ayanbadejo, who did not record a tackle in that contest, posted several tweets stating that he "Can't Wait!" for the latest rematch between the rivals.

Ayanbadejo also reiterated his distaste for New England's hurry-up offense, asserting that there is no place for it "in a sport that is predicated on mano y mano."
--
Since when is the hurry up offense (which has been in football many years now) a gimmick >.> Don't be mad because your defense is fail at reacting. Why does it always seem the Ravens constantly whine about something not being 'fair'.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#252 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

If your defense falls apart because you don't have enough time for your committee meetings, even though you have in-helmet radios, you deserve to lose.

Remember, the offense has just as much opportunity to screw up in the hurry-up as the defense does.

#253 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

If your defense falls apart because you don't have enough time for your committee meetings, even though you have in-helmet radios, you deserve to lose.

Remember, the offense has just as much opportunity to screw up in the hurry-up as the defense does.

Well said, sir, and it has been covered by many analyst this season the hard work and precision that goes into the Patriots hurry up, to do it as quickly and effeciently as they do. The plays ran count in some games this year when doing it were eye-popping.

#254 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Nice to see the most crooked team in NFL history losing to the Ravens. Hopefully the score will keep up and we can say good-bye to Bill Belicheat and the Patriots.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#255 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Most crooked team in NFL history? Umm.. Who was the 2nd most penalized team this year? That would be the Ravens. Who has the record for most penalties in a season? I believe that's the Raiders a few years ago.

Name me one Patriot who's been arrested on rape charges, or killed their girlfriend, or killed a teammate while driving drunk, or shot themselves in the leg while brandishing a loaded gun in a club.

If your measure of "most crooked" is the act of recording, on videotape, something that is normally done with a clipboard, notebook and pencil, well, that certainly says something.

#256 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

The truth hurts. Deal with it. New England is the most corrupt team in the league. Everybody and their grandmother knows they cheat.

Stop dodging the issue by trying to bring up non-football, off the field stuff about which no one cares.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#257 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Most crooked team in NFL history? Umm.. Who was the 2nd most penalized team this year? That would be the Ravens. Who has the record for most penalties in a season? I believe that's the Raiders a few years ago.

Name me one Patriot who's been arrested on rape charges, or killed their girlfriend, or killed a teammate while driving drunk, or shot themselves in the leg while brandishing a loaded gun in a club.

If your measure of "most crooked" is the act of recording, on videotape, something that is normally done with a clipboard, notebook and pencil, well, that certainly says something.

Since when do penalties equal crooked? What are you talking about? Cheating = crooked.
DTV = Digital Television

#258 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Exactly! He's just trying to play dodge ball with what everyone knows is the sad truth.

#259 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Nice to see the most crooked team in NFL history losing to the Ravens. Hopefully the score will keep up and we can say good-bye to Bill Belicheat and the Patriots.

Not sure about that, but Belichick sure is a poor sport. Refuses an interview on the post game show? Maybe he didn't want us to see him and Tom crying in the locker room?

He snubbed CBS, but at least he did actual show up for the NFL post game press conference to say they were just outplayed [link]

Edited by RACJ2, 21 January 2013 - 07:56 AM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#260 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,202 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Twice this week I agree with LV. ;)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#261 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Not sure about that, but Belichick sure is a poor sport. Refuses an interview on the post game show? Maybe he didn't want us to see him and Tom crying in the locker room?

Belicheat is a scumbag and an all around grump. I caught snippets of his post-game comments. I heard him complaining about officials' calls. Yup. That was the difference.

#262 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Twice this week I agree with LV. ;)

Stop the presses!

What's next? Cubs win the World Series? Next thing you'll be telling us is that it's going to snow in Alabama.

#263 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,512 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Well, the playoffs haven't been fun for me and the worst possible outcome has come to fruition.

I've had the displeasure of meeting Jim Harbaugh on a couple of occasions (back in the 80's) and he was just a real jerk. The typical bully jock that you see portrayed in movies who thinks he's better than everyone else. Not a fan to say the least.

And the Ravens? I've been sick of Ray Lewis for years, not to mention he escaped prosecution early on when someone was murdered and everyone seems to have forgotten that. The Media eats him up and I don't understand why. He's a thug and a drama queen.

Oh well, it is what it is, but it's certainly not enjoyable watching a Super Bowl when I hope both teams lose.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#264 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

That's why the Pittsburgh Steelers, the epitome of a classy football franchise and one rich with tradition, should be the AFC representative. Ah, well, there's next year when they will take their rightful place at the top of the NFL. :)

#265 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well, the playoffs haven't been fun for me and the worst possible outcome has come to fruition.

I've had the displeasure of meeting Jim Harbaugh on a couple of occasions (back in the 80's) and he was just a real jerk. The typical bully jock that you see portrayed in movies who thinks he's better than everyone else. Not a fan to say the least.

And the Ravens? I've been sick of Ray Lewis for years, not to mention he escaped prosecution early on when someone was murdered and everyone seems to have forgotten that. The Media eats him up and I don't understand why. He's a thug and a drama queen.

Oh well, it is what it is, but it's certainly not enjoyable watching a Super Bowl when I hope both teams lose.

Wow, a couple of encounters about 30 years ago. Sounds like a solid foundation for a character critique. Maybe not...

Sounds more like someone who was jealous of the jocks in high school and still holds a grudge.
DTV = Digital Television

#266 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,512 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

LOL, no, I was a jock in high school too in that I played sports (and in college). But I was a bit more well rounded than "jocks" and wasn't a dickhead to everyone I met. There's a difference. Either way, I'm not going to justify my reasons for disliking someone to you. He was a jerk then and from what I've seen the last few years is still a jerk. Maybe not, but that's the impression I get.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#267 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,186 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

No skin in the game... but I picked both games correctly. I thought the blowout would have been the 49ers game, though... I thought the Ravens/Patriots game would have gone down to the end.

Oh well... I have no real rooting interest, but will hope for a competitive game in 2 weeks.

-- Friday Friday Friday... the 13th!

What I do when I'm not here

#268 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Just had to post, but not about the games. About the lack of sportsmanship.... among a few of our contributors. Wow.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#269 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

This is the NFL, a thread for MEN! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and let us real men continue. :box:

This isn't a thread for the feint of heart, bucko!

Dang lacrosse people. They're such wimps. !Devil_lol

#270 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Since when do penalties equal crooked? What are you talking about? Cheating = crooked.

Yes. And when you're 'holding' you're cheating. When you jump offsides or do a chop block, you're cheating. When you take unauthorized drugs you are cheating.

When you are caught cheating, you are assessed a penalty. The NFL determined that recording some practices were cheating and the Patriots paid the penalty.

Now, I grant you, I didn't see the post-game but it's not hard to believe Belichik being grumpy. I would be too if my best receiver dropped a crucial 3rd down conversion that was in his hands.. If another 3rd down conversion was called back due to a STUPID holding call (the call was correct, the holding was stupid). Yeah, I'd be grumpy. I'd LIKE to think I could handle myself better but Bill DOES have a history of this.

LV - for all your angst against the Patriots, you really do sound like the local Red Sox fans and the way they complain about the Yankees.

And the Steelers? Yeah, rich football tradition - I won't argue there. But THEY should be the AFC reps? Ummm... You have to play the games... When their TEAM returns to the level of play that is their TRADITION... ...they'll be in 14th place overall. They have a .523 winning percentage. They're behind, in order, the Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Giants, Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Patriots, Broncos and Colts.

Although, to be kind, they're tied for 4th (with the Packers and Rams) in playoff appearances with 27 (behind the Giant's 31, the Cowboy's 30 and the Browns' 28.

They're 5th in NFL/Super Bowl championships with 6, behind the Packers (13), Bears (9), Giants (8) and Browns (8).

...just to interject a few facts amongst the feelings here :)

#271 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yes. And when you're 'holding' you're cheating. When you jump offsides or do a chop block, you're cheating. When you take unauthorized drugs you are cheating.

When you are caught cheating, you are assessed a penalty. The NFL determined that recording some practices were cheating and the Patriots paid the penalty.

Now, I grant you, I didn't see the post-game but it's not hard to believe Belichik being grumpy. I would be too if my best receiver dropped a crucial 3rd down conversion that was in his hands.. If another 3rd down conversion was called back due to a STUPID holding call (the call was correct, the holding was stupid). Yeah, I'd be grumpy. I'd LIKE to think I could handle myself better but Bill DOES have a history of this.

LV - for all your angst against the Patriots, you really do sound like the local Red Sox fans and the way they complain about the Yankees.

And the Steelers? Yeah, rich football tradition - I won't argue there. But THEY should be the AFC reps? Ummm... You have to play the games... When their TEAM returns to the level of play that is their TRADITION... ...they'll be in 14th place overall. They have a .523 winning percentage. They're behind, in order, the Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Giants, Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Patriots, Broncos and Colts.

Although, to be kind, they're tied for 4th (with the Packers and Rams) in playoff appearances with 27 (behind the Giant's 31, the Cowboy's 30 and the Browns' 28.

They're 5th in NFL/Super Bowl championships with 6, behind the Packers (13), Bears (9), Giants (8) and Browns (8).

...just to interject a few facts amongst the feelings here :)

You're acting like a sore loser.
DTV = Digital Television

#272 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

This is the NFL, a thread for MEN! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and let us real men continue. :box:

This isn't a thread for the feint of heart, bucko!

Nor for the faint of heart....

"Real men" are good sports.

#273 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,498 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Congrats Laxguy

JACK,

#274 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,722 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Shannon Sharpe sure gave it to Belichick last night:

http://www.latimes.c...0,6901911.story
/steve

#275 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanks, Jack. You're the other end of the spectrum of good sportsmanship!

But Harbaugh did not use any of the plays I sent him!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...