Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2012 - 2013 NFL Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Not sure about that, but Belichick sure is a poor sport. Refuses an interview on the post game show? Maybe he didn't want us to see him and Tom crying in the locker room?

Belicheat is a scumbag and an all around grump. I caught snippets of his post-game comments. I heard him complaining about officials' calls. Yup. That was the difference.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Twice this week I agree with LV. ;)

Stop the presses!

What's next? Cubs win the World Series? Next thing you'll be telling us is that it's going to snow in Alabama.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#263 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Well, the playoffs haven't been fun for me and the worst possible outcome has come to fruition.

I've had the displeasure of meeting Jim Harbaugh on a couple of occasions (back in the 80's) and he was just a real jerk. The typical bully jock that you see portrayed in movies who thinks he's better than everyone else. Not a fan to say the least.

And the Ravens? I've been sick of Ray Lewis for years, not to mention he escaped prosecution early on when someone was murdered and everyone seems to have forgotten that. The Media eats him up and I don't understand why. He's a thug and a drama queen.

Oh well, it is what it is, but it's certainly not enjoyable watching a Super Bowl when I hope both teams lose.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#264 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

That's why the Pittsburgh Steelers, the epitome of a classy football franchise and one rich with tradition, should be the AFC representative. Ah, well, there's next year when they will take their rightful place at the top of the NFL. :)

#265 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well, the playoffs haven't been fun for me and the worst possible outcome has come to fruition.

I've had the displeasure of meeting Jim Harbaugh on a couple of occasions (back in the 80's) and he was just a real jerk. The typical bully jock that you see portrayed in movies who thinks he's better than everyone else. Not a fan to say the least.

And the Ravens? I've been sick of Ray Lewis for years, not to mention he escaped prosecution early on when someone was murdered and everyone seems to have forgotten that. The Media eats him up and I don't understand why. He's a thug and a drama queen.

Oh well, it is what it is, but it's certainly not enjoyable watching a Super Bowl when I hope both teams lose.

Wow, a couple of encounters about 30 years ago. Sounds like a solid foundation for a character critique. Maybe not...

Sounds more like someone who was jealous of the jocks in high school and still holds a grudge.
DTV = Digital Television

#266 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

LOL, no, I was a jock in high school too in that I played sports (and in college). But I was a bit more well rounded than "jocks" and wasn't a dickhead to everyone I met. There's a difference. Either way, I'm not going to justify my reasons for disliking someone to you. He was a jerk then and from what I've seen the last few years is still a jerk. Maybe not, but that's the impression I get.

#267 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

No skin in the game... but I picked both games correctly. I thought the blowout would have been the 49ers game, though... I thought the Ravens/Patriots game would have gone down to the end.

Oh well... I have no real rooting interest, but will hope for a competitive game in 2 weeks.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#268 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,607 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Just had to post, but not about the games. About the lack of sportsmanship.... among a few of our contributors. Wow.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#269 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

This is the NFL, a thread for MEN! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and let us real men continue. :box:

This isn't a thread for the feint of heart, bucko!

Dang lacrosse people. They're such wimps. !Devil_lol

#270 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Since when do penalties equal crooked? What are you talking about? Cheating = crooked.

Yes. And when you're 'holding' you're cheating. When you jump offsides or do a chop block, you're cheating. When you take unauthorized drugs you are cheating.

When you are caught cheating, you are assessed a penalty. The NFL determined that recording some practices were cheating and the Patriots paid the penalty.

Now, I grant you, I didn't see the post-game but it's not hard to believe Belichik being grumpy. I would be too if my best receiver dropped a crucial 3rd down conversion that was in his hands.. If another 3rd down conversion was called back due to a STUPID holding call (the call was correct, the holding was stupid). Yeah, I'd be grumpy. I'd LIKE to think I could handle myself better but Bill DOES have a history of this.

LV - for all your angst against the Patriots, you really do sound like the local Red Sox fans and the way they complain about the Yankees.

And the Steelers? Yeah, rich football tradition - I won't argue there. But THEY should be the AFC reps? Ummm... You have to play the games... When their TEAM returns to the level of play that is their TRADITION... ...they'll be in 14th place overall. They have a .523 winning percentage. They're behind, in order, the Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Giants, Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Patriots, Broncos and Colts.

Although, to be kind, they're tied for 4th (with the Packers and Rams) in playoff appearances with 27 (behind the Giant's 31, the Cowboy's 30 and the Browns' 28.

They're 5th in NFL/Super Bowl championships with 6, behind the Packers (13), Bears (9), Giants (8) and Browns (8).

...just to interject a few facts amongst the feelings here :)

#271 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yes. And when you're 'holding' you're cheating. When you jump offsides or do a chop block, you're cheating. When you take unauthorized drugs you are cheating.

When you are caught cheating, you are assessed a penalty. The NFL determined that recording some practices were cheating and the Patriots paid the penalty.

Now, I grant you, I didn't see the post-game but it's not hard to believe Belichik being grumpy. I would be too if my best receiver dropped a crucial 3rd down conversion that was in his hands.. If another 3rd down conversion was called back due to a STUPID holding call (the call was correct, the holding was stupid). Yeah, I'd be grumpy. I'd LIKE to think I could handle myself better but Bill DOES have a history of this.

LV - for all your angst against the Patriots, you really do sound like the local Red Sox fans and the way they complain about the Yankees.

And the Steelers? Yeah, rich football tradition - I won't argue there. But THEY should be the AFC reps? Ummm... You have to play the games... When their TEAM returns to the level of play that is their TRADITION... ...they'll be in 14th place overall. They have a .523 winning percentage. They're behind, in order, the Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Giants, Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Patriots, Broncos and Colts.

Although, to be kind, they're tied for 4th (with the Packers and Rams) in playoff appearances with 27 (behind the Giant's 31, the Cowboy's 30 and the Browns' 28.

They're 5th in NFL/Super Bowl championships with 6, behind the Packers (13), Bears (9), Giants (8) and Browns (8).

...just to interject a few facts amongst the feelings here :)

You're acting like a sore loser.
DTV = Digital Television

#272 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

This is the NFL, a thread for MEN! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and let us real men continue. :box:

This isn't a thread for the feint of heart, bucko!

Nor for the faint of heart....

"Real men" are good sports.

#273 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,243 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Congrats Laxguy

JACK,

#274 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Shannon Sharpe sure gave it to Belichick last night:

http://www.latimes.c...0,6901911.story
/steve

#275 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanks, Jack. You're the other end of the spectrum of good sportsmanship!

But Harbaugh did not use any of the plays I sent him!

#276 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Shannon Sharpe sure gave it to Belichick last night:

http://www.latimes.c...0,6901911.story

Oh, darn! I was hoping for a barn burner, but I guess Sharpe wants to keep his job. Good catch!

#277 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yes. And when you're 'holding' you're cheating. When you jump offsides or do a chop block, you're cheating.

That's pure nonsense. Cheating is an intentional attempt to be dishonest and get around the rules. It's immoral. Grabbing someone's jersey or accidentally crossing a line of scrimmage prematurely are rarely intentional and certainly not immoral.

What a horrible analogy. :rolleyes:

#278 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Can't wait for Super Bowl Sunday! Its been a long time since I've actually cared about the game instead of the commercials for the Super Bowl! :lol: GO NINERS!!!!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#279 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Can't wait for Super Bowl Sunday! Its been a long time since I've actually cared about the game instead of the commercials for the Super Bowl! :lol: GO NINERS!!!!

I was thinking the opposite, been a long time since I really didnt care about who won the game. I guess as long as it aint the 9ers I will be happy lol.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#280 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'll reluctantly be rooting for the 49ers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...