Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2012 - 2013 NFL Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#301 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,541 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I saw that live... and remembered the Suh situation where he kicked a guy in the groin and tried to explain that was "how you fall" in the NFL.

That leads to two possibilities:

1. Suh was right, and Brady confirmed that is how you fall... kicking up a foot in the air.

OR (more likely)

2. It was a conscious and dirty play.

FYI, I'm not jumping on the "Patriots are the dirtiest team ever" bandwagon... just nodding in agreement that this particular play didn't feel right when I watched it live.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#302 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I saw that live... and remembered the Suh situation where he kicked a guy in the groin and tried to explain that was "how you fall" in the NFL.

That leads to two possibilities:

1. Suh was right, and Brady confirmed that is how you fall... kicking up a foot in the air.

OR (more likely)

2. It was a conscious and dirty play.

FYI, I'm not jumping on the "Patriots are the dirtiest team ever" bandwagon... just nodding in agreement that this particular play didn't feel right when I watched it live.

Well, the two plays weren't really similar. Brady was looking right at him and put his leg up in a controlled slide. Suh hit a guy that was basically behind him while he was somersaulting.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#303 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Brady doesn't seem to have a reputation of doing dirty things like that (but it doesn't mean he'd never do it, of course), while Suh has just such a reputation.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#304 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Brady doesn't seem to have a reputation of doing dirty things like that (but it doesn't mean he'd never do it, of course), while Suh has just such a reputation.

Quite true, but that doesn't mean that everything Suh does is deliberate/nasty and nothing that Brady does is.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#305 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

I agree. Keep in mind, however, that because of Suh's reputation, people are more likely to believe he'd do something dirty than would Brady.

Fair or not, one's prior actions lead to these presumptions.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#306 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, I was wondering about that "leg lift slide" myself. The announcers at the time said that it might have been an attempt at protecting himself BUT that, more often than not, it injures the person DOING the sliding because it's exposed the leg and knee to all sorts of danger.

#307 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,541 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Heard on ESPN not too long ago (today) that Ed Reed said Tom Brady had reached out to him and apologized.

#308 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,000 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that "leg lift slide" myself. The announcers at the time said that it might have been an attempt at protecting himself BUT that, more often than not, it injures the person DOING the sliding because it's exposed the leg and knee to all sorts of danger.

I'd also say it could be a natural reaction to a 250+ monster looking to collide with you— however dangerous an extended leg might be to both parties.....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#309 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Tom Brady reportedly fined $10,000 for slide.

http://itiswhatitis....lide-into-reed/

#310 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,541 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

So...

Why no Pro Bowl Pick 'em?

:)

Who ya got!

;)

I say east/north beats west/south (or whatever they will be called)... and there will be several almost plays that nearly look like something you might see in a real football game.

#311 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,000 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

So...

Why no Pro Bowl Pick 'em?

:)

Who ya got!

;)

I say east/north beats west/south (or whatever they will be called)... and there will be several almost plays that nearly look like something you might see in a real football game.

Cool- so we can FF to the next commercial???:D
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#312 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Story here

Not the Patriots, no! Shocking, I say! Shocking!!!

I heard Belicheat hired Lance Armstrong as "special advisor" to the team that year. :lol:

Meanwhile, more controversy. This was actually known a few weeks ago but officially announced today.

Several current NFL officials are claiming the NFL intentionally changed Boger's ratings to get them up to the #1 spot so he could be assigned the Super Bowl as referee.

I've seen him work, and personally, he never struck me as being that good.

#313 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,541 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't know... Faulk says there were plays they had not ran before, and that the Patriots defended them too perfectly, as if they knew they were coming... but IF the Rams had not ran the plays in a game all season, maybe they didn't run the play to perfection themselves.

All told... I watched that game... and the Rams seemed to stop running the ball and using Faulk as they had previously... *that* is what lost them the game that year.

And to be fair... that same team went on to smaller and lesser things with Martz at the helm, and Martz hasn't done well at his other stops since then. I'm inclined to hold Martz to the fire for that.

The year before, they barely beat the Titans in the Super Bowl anyway... so while I loved me some "greatest show on turf" those years, they were not an invincible team as Faulk might want to remember them.

#314 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,970 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Beyonce did good today. Great way to handle it, awesome.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#315 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Parcells finally in HOF

http://espn.go.com/n...tball-hall-fame
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#316 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,970 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yep, DirecTV Beach Bowl followed by HOF show, and the Super Bowl Saturday Night Show and Honors Show tonight.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

spam firewall