Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2012 - 2013 NFL Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Sure...no problem.

We're getting used to officials missing calls to decide games this season.

What was wrong this week? Everyone agrees you guys were screwed in Seattle.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

What happened, gentlemen?

INDY by a field goal at the end...but it was really decided earlier when INDY was allowed to hold PACK receivers or else defensive lineman the entire 2nd half without any call.

In other words...nothing new. ;)

It's getting easier each week to "predict" how various games will turn out - almost like someone is "controlling" the outcomes.

By the way...I've seen 3 games so far and the same holds true for all 3 games.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#143 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like whiny Packers fans to me. They can't accept mediocrity, so they blame the officials, the NFL, & soon, probably George W. Bush. :P

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#144 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

INDY by a field goal at the end...but it was really decided earlier when INDY was allowed to hold PACK receivers or else defensive lineman the entire 2nd half without any call.

In other words...nothing new. ;)

It's getting easier each week to "predict" how various games will turn out - almost like someone is "controlling" the outcomes.

By the way...I've seen 3 games so far and the same holds true for all 3 games.

So, your kicker was "controlled" to miss? :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#145 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Sounds like whiny Packers fans to me. They can't accept mediocrity, so they blame the officials, the NFL, & soon, probably George W. Bush. :P

really...the whole country saw (and almost all announcers on every sports channel) already saw 2 games that were horrendous...1 by the rent-a-refs and 1 by regular refs. No need to whine, it's quite obvious what's happening. It's not just the Packers either.

So, your kicker was "controlled" to miss? :lol:

Nope.

The were controlled to look the other way on no less than 5 holding calls that even the announcers saw...2 of which led to scores by INDY. It's getting to be the 2012 Mantra - physicality wins games, not rules.

I guess the NFL figured a "feel good game for the Coach" was a better headline. If it was just one game that would be something, but I saw 3 other teams in the same boat today - games decided by refs asleep that led to winning scores.

#146 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 510 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

really...the whole country saw (and almost all announcers on every sports channel) already saw 2 games that were horrendous...1 by the rent-a-refs and 1 by regular refs. No need to whine, it's quite obvious what's happening. It's not just the Packers either.

Nope.

The were controlled to look the other way on no less than 5 holding calls that even the announcers saw...2 of which led to scores by INDY. It's getting to be the 2012 Mantra - physicality wins games, not rules.

I guess the NFL figured a "feel good game for the Coach" was a better headline. If it was just one game that would be something, but I saw 3 other teams in the same boat today - games decided by refs asleep that led to winning scores.

Woodson got away with a few today too so stop belly aching. Accept your team as is. That's really low to bring up Paganos illness too. Poor taste.

#147 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Woodson got away with a few today too...

Quite true.

But you missed the point. It's not with just one team or one game. It seems like a number of games have some rent-a-refs based on some of the stuff they are missing. Maybe they're just rusty.

#148 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Still complaining about officials? Color me unsurprised. Why did I know the complaining wouldn't change a bit when the "real" refs came back?

Meanwhile...

Green Bay...

I'm not a hater.. but let's be honest... Watching Green Bay ALL last season, and now thus far this season... Can you honestly say they are doing anything differently?

Think about it...

Yeah, they were 15-1 last season... but every single week most of us were watching and saying... man... Rodgers plays near perfect and they squeak by... IF he ever has a slight drop in performance to reality... they lose. ALL last season, they had shootout games most weeks... and honestly, could have just as easily lost probably half of the games that they won.

This season? Rodgers isn't quite as perfect as he pretty much was last season... the defense seems in some ways to be worse... so there you go... all those games they won in spite of themselves last year... they are losing.

Green Bay is pretty much the same team from where I sit... they didn't fix any of the flaws that they got away with most of last year.

I'll argue much of the same thing for Detroit... Detroit won some shootouts too last year... they are losing them this year. Detroit didn't suddenly turn to crap either... they just aren't getting the breaks they got last year.

Detroit and Green Bay both need to look in the mirror and realize there are a lot of little things they simply are not doing week-to-week...

New Orleans (currently playing) is pretty much in the same boat. Still got a good offense, but still not playing defense for crap... and their thus far 0-4 record shows it... whereas last year they won some of these games.

Who knows how tonight will play out... but I don't think New Orleans is suddenly playing dramatically worse this year either... just a hair worse... and that is making all the difference.

The really good/solid teams? Those teams aren't necessarily impressive week to week... but they are strong in key areas AND seem to improve as the season goes along... instead of just winging it and getting a few breaks until the chips stop falling.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#149 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

The really good/solid teams? Those teams aren't necessarily impressive week to week... but they are strong in key areas AND seem to improve as the season goes along... instead of just winging it and getting a few breaks until the chips stop falling.

Certainly that's true of a couple of teams.

#150 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

As a reminder of "things will be better when the real refs are back"...

How 'bout that 49ers v Rams game today?

Some odd ref v clock situations that weren't corrected during that game, eh?

I've seen several things now that I haven't posted about since the real refs returns that frankly would have been expected from the replacements, not the "experienced" guys!

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#151 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Cops: Chiefs player kills woman, self
http://espn.go.com/n...e-team-facility

#152 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Tim Tebow and Chad Johnson Tweeted heart felt condolences to the Cheifs organization, the fans and the Belcher family. Not so much for the victim or her family I guess. Unreal.

Edited by VDP07, 02 December 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#153 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

The game should not have been played.

In related news, Bob Costas went on a brief rant advocating gun control. Costas said that if Belcher hadn't had a gun, his girl friend and himself would still be alive. Uh, Bob, if he was hell bent on killing his girl friend and himself, the lack of a gun wouldn't have stopped him from killing. Numerous other methods could have been used.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#154 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

What got me was all the "he was a heck of a teammate" and "this didn't seem like him" comments from the players.

I would have liked to have heard even ONE comment of "I guess I didn't know him if he was capable of this atrocity".

#155 ONLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Coaches

Norv Turner (Chargers)
Andy Reid (Eagles)
Pat Shurmur (Browns)
Chan Gailey (Bills)
Lovie Smith (Bears)
Ken Whisenhunt (Cardinals)
Romeo Crennel (Chiefs)

GM's
Tom Heckert (Browns)
Mike Tannenbaum (Jets)
Gene Smith (Jaguars)
A.J. Smith (Chargers)
Rod Graves (Cardinals)

All got the ax so far. I guess that's why they call it Black Monday.

JACK,

#156 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Coaches

Norv Turner (Chargers)
Andy Reid (Eagles)
Pat Shurmur (Browns)
Chan Gailey (Bills)
Lovie Smith (Bears)
Ken Whisenhunt (Cardinals)
Romeo Crennel (Chiefs)

GM's
Tom Heckert (Browns)
Mike Tannenbaum (Jets)
Gene Smith (Jaguars)
A.J. Smith (Chargers)
Rod Graves (Cardinals)

All got the ax so far. I guess that's why they call it Black Monday.

All good choices - it's amazing some of them lasted as long as they did.

Now the only question is how many of those coaches get recycled in a new city with a new team, in contrast to totally new faces appearing as replacements.

#157 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Jim Schwartz needs to be next.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#158 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,709 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Its funny how all the coaches and GM's get fired but none of the players do. I say start firing some of the players too.

#159 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

How Rex Ryan is still employed is mind boggling.

#160 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

How Rex Ryan is still employed is mind boggling.

Then again....maybe no one else would want the job.

spam firewall