Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish online content only?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Why is that some content is only available via DISH ONLINE and not "ON Demand" on my TV? Example; Cinemax programming is available on demand IF you use DISH ONLINE, but not via my DISH DVR? WHY?

Edited by tommiet, 05 September 2012 - 05:55 PM.

**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Why is that some content is only available via DISH ONLINE and not "ON Demand" on my TV? Example; Cinemax programming is available on demand IF you use DISH ONLINE, but not via my DISH DVR? WHY?

What content?

What DVR are you using, and what content is online that isn't available through Dish On Demand on that receiver?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Same issue with Dish Remote Access app... you can only see/view your DVR, not Dish On Demand stuff (that you can view on a PC). Sure seems like Dish should put their available programming (that you are subscribed to) all in one place, accessible all from "anywhere". :mad:

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm trying to understand what you guys are talking about... because my Dish Remote Access app has access to lots of stuff from Dish On Demand... and I don't recall seeing anything on Dish Online Web site that I didn't see on my DVR for On Demand.

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

All I get with Remote Access is this, no access to any Dish Online or On Demand stuff (like previous shows, Blockbuster, etc):

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm trying to understand what you guys are talking about... because my Dish Remote Access app has access to lots of stuff from Dish On Demand... and I don't recall seeing anything on Dish Online Web site that I didn't see on my DVR for On Demand.

Remote Access and DISH ONLINE "On Demand" are different . Remote access hits my DVR/Sling. On Demand allow customers to view programming on line. No Sling/DVR needed. I understand that you can see Cinemax in the guide....

Cinemax is only available "on demand" via DISH ONLINE and NOT VIA ANY DVR. HBO is about the only premium channel that provides "On Demand" programming options.

If you find Cinemax via your DVR's "on demand" listing....let us know, as you must be special. :D

Edited by tommiet, 07 September 2012 - 06:17 PM.

**** HARDWARE *****
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Maybe we should reset for a moment...

What are you guys doing to access Dish Remote Access?

I use my iPad Dish Remote Access, and the Home screen that I login to shows a bunch of On Demand stuff for streaming.

Do you guys not have that on your mobile apps?

FYI, just looked... and the iPhone app doesn't have the On Demand stuff... but then I wouldn't watch TV on my iPhone (too small) anyway... so that is why I didn't notice the feature wasn't there.

#8 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Maybe we should reset for a moment...

What are you guys doing to access Dish Remote Access?

I use my iPad Dish Remote Access, and the Home screen that I login to shows a bunch of On Demand stuff for streaming.

Do you guys not have that on your mobile apps?

FYI, just looked... and the iPhone app doesn't have the On Demand stuff... but then I wouldn't watch TV on my iPhone (too small) anyway... so that is why I didn't notice the feature wasn't there.

Missing the point.. I don't want to use a mobile device when sitting in my home. I want to see the same programming online or off line. It seems that some programming is only available on line and not via my DVR.

On most DVR's, try to access ANY Cinemax programming on demand - NONE ARE AVAILABLE.

Logon to DISH Online - And do a search for "Strike Back," and you will see the complete first season. This programming seems to be only available on line and I was just trying to find out why...

My work around is to use my media server that is connected via HDMI to my TV to watch programming that is available on line only. JUST A PAIN TO DO.
**** HARDWARE *****
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Ok... I see what you mean now... not all channels are in the "TV channels" section on the DVR like they are on the app...

That is kind of weird. I guess I hadn't drilled down to all the premiums since I usually don't subscribe to them (and thus can't get the content).

#10 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

It's also weird that all the recorded shows in any folder are available through Sling/DVR on mobile app, EXCEPT primetime and rentals (both being on the DVR...) I would think it would be fairly easy for Dish to upgrade their app and make more content available while away from home. I seldom use my Nexus 7 for viewing since I am seldom away from home, but it would be nice to access "everything" I am paying for from anywhere when I am away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...