Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hockey options?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevied

stevied

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

With the NHL lock out looming, what other programming options are there for DirecTv?

Are collage games and regional leagues shown on the sports package? I've had center ice for years, but I'm thinking this year I'm making the switch to watch the junior leagues regardless of what the NHL does. Any one know what the coverage is like?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Sports package carries a number of NCAA Division 1 games. I don't know how many AHL or ECHL are typically carried, but if there is a lock out, I would guess more than in previous years. THN had a piece this AM about backups if there is a lockout, but it didn't really talk about televised games.

#3 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Also, the NHL Network has been stepping up it's coverage of Canadian juniors the last couple of years. Quite possible without the NHL they will show even more.

Sandra

#4 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

I am not aware of any RSNs that routinely carry ECHL or AHL games. The NHL Network used to have a weekly AHL game (Thursday night?), but I think they didn't do this last season. They do still have some junior games, though.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#5 ONLINE   tenpins

tenpins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I believe that CBS Sports (ch 613) will carry some national games this year, Fox Sports Detroit, Root Sports Denver and NESN may be other sources. College hockey under goes realignments next year so coverage should improve.

#6 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

The CBS Sports Network has agreed to a multi-year agreement with the new National Collegiate Hockey Conference and will be the exclusive national television partner for the conference starting with the 2013-14 season.

The agreement is for a minimum of 18 conference games, including the NCHC’s semifinal and championship games.

Currently, CBS Sports Network covers Atlantic Hockey, CCHA, ECAC, Hockey East and WCHA teams.

The NCHC was formed after it was announced Penn State was going Div I hockey and the formation of a new college hockey conference, the Big Ten.

There were a lot of college games on DirecTV last season. Hockey East alone had over 30 games on NESN, NBCSN, CBSCS and the NHL Network. The Fox station out of Detroit covered a number of CCHA games and the one out of Minneapolis covered some CCHA and WCHA games. And there were others.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...