Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT - Repeating timers spontaneously change days

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:32 AM

This one is consistant and repeatable.

I created several weekly repeating sat channel timers. Changed padding to 1 min before and 1 min after. Exited timer menu. Re-entered timer menu to set another timer and the timers had shifted days! Sunday repeating timer said "Monday." Friday repeating timer said "Sunday." Monday timer now said "Tuesday." No discernable pattern in the day change. I edited the three weekly timers that had spontaneously changed days to get them back to where they should be. So far so good. Will keep an eye on them.

At first I doubted myself (having never seen timers on my 501 behave in this ghostly manner), but then I realized that I had double-checked them when I first set them. This is a bug for sure.

.....G

SW Version L142HECD-N
Boot Version 120B
Flash Version F051

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:03 PM

Just a note to say that this problem continues. Went back and checked six timers I had previously set and the days had changed again - Tuesday to Monday, etc. etc.

Is anyone else seeing this ???

.....G

SW Version L142HECD-N
Boot Version 120B
Flash Version F051

#3 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

The saga continues. . .

After correcting the moving weekly repeating timer days again, they moved again. A Tuesday timer fired today (Monday) and while it was recording I went into the timers menu and corrected it again. The recording stopped (after recording 20 seconds of the wrong event (a day too early) but the little 'clock' icon indicating a timer about to fire has stayed on the screen for 40 minutes. Let's see if it disappears after the next timer fires in 20 minutes.

.....G

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:08 PM

On the 721 if you edit timers and change the minutes before and after and don't go into the time screen you will see the timer will create a conflict and the days will be off sometimes . You have to complete the entire timer process or it will cause problems. This is something that started after the last software update. I had to relearn the edit process all over again.

I don't know if this is what is happening with your 508 since I use 2- 721s for the brunt of my recording needs. If I were you I would delete the timers and create them again with no before or after padding on your timers. This is the easiest way I would think that fix your problem timers.

#5 OFFLINE   haydentf

haydentf

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:15 PM

Same problem here to.

Tom

This one is consistant and repeatable.

I created several weekly repeating sat channel timers. Changed padding to 1 min before and 1 min after. Exited timer menu. Re-entered timer menu to set another timer and the timers had shifted days! Sunday repeating timer said "Monday." Friday repeating timer said "Sunday." Monday timer now said "Tuesday." No discernable pattern in the day change. I edited the three weekly timers that had spontaneously changed days to get them back to where they should be. So far so good. Will keep an eye on them.

At first I doubted myself (having never seen timers on my 501 behave in this ghostly manner), but then I realized that I had double-checked them when I first set them. This is a bug for sure.

.....G

SW Version L142HECD-N
Boot Version 120B
Flash Version F051

#6 OFFLINE   mcowher

mcowher

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:40 AM

I am experiencing the exact same problem...

#7 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:20 AM

On the 721 if you edit timers and change the minutes before and after and don't go into the time screen you will see the timer will create a conflict and the days will be off sometimes . You have to complete the entire timer process or it will cause problems. This is something that started after the last software update. I had to relearn the edit process all over again.

I don't know if this is what is happening with your 508 since I use 2- 721s for the brunt of my recording needs. If I were you I would delete the timers and create them again with no before or after padding on your timers. This is the easiest way I would think that fix your problem timers.

But the timers shouldn't create conflicts, Mike, since there are two tuners. However, I'll try removing all padding. Glad to see from others' messages in this thread that I'm not the only one seeing this.

.....G

#8 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:47 PM

I'm have the same problem with mine.
Allen

spam firewall