Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPN alt HD!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Come on!!!!!!! Can't you losers put up an HD channel for reverse mirror college football games on Saturday afternoons? Why would I want to watch Syracuse/USC in crappy SD? Maybe because with Dish THAT'S YOUR ONLY OPTION???????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,888 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

There are lots of ALT ESPNHD channels... whether or not they carry the game you want to see is another matter... but there are a lot of them.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   richall01

richall01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Remember they can't show the game in HD if it's not broadcast in HD.

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

The Syracuse/USC game was moved to ABC in several markets. Have you checked for it there?

#5 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

There are lots of ALT ESPNHD channels... whether or not they carry the game you want to see is another matter... but there are a lot of them.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! no there isn't. They are all SD.

Directv has ESPNalt HD and ESPN2altHD channels on 210 and 211. Dish does not provide them.

#6 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

The Syracuse/USC game was moved to ABC in several markets. Have you checked for it there?

This is the whole point of the topic. I have to watch the game on channel 146 which is only SD.

#7 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

reminder, Dish is getting sued by Disney so they won't make new deals with a company that's suing them for previous channels carriages that Dish ether pulled before contract was up or without payment/consent from company that owns the network or networks the lawsuit's about.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,888 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

You're right... I misread that part of your post. The USC Syracuse game is on my local ABC station... so I hadn't actually gone looking for it since there was no need to.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#9 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

As I understood it, it was, at least originally, an ABC/ESPN/Disney issue. As I heard about it, its been going on for a few yrs now, the parent company didnt have enough HD space to transmit the alternate game in HD for any provider, including Directv. Now whether that has now changed an Dish hasnt been able to jump on the wagon becuz of their dispute w/ ESPN/ABC/Disney remains to be seen.

I myself had to watch the USC game in SD also (via KGO TV A.A.D.), at least for most of the 1st half as our local ABC pre-empt the game for coverage of the storms that swept thru the mid-atlantic.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...