Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV and Viggle partnership launched

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Have a smart phone or tablet, download the free Viggle app and start earning rewards for watching DIRECTV. Works much like Shazam in that it does an audio fingerprint of what you are watching. Available for free at the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.

DIRECTV customers will receive extra bonus Viggle points (for select shows) that customers from other television providers are not eligible for. Might as well start earning something for watching TV anyway. Doesn't cost anything and you're essentially paid to watch television. The NFL Sunday Ticket games this weekend will be eligible for bonus points, as will some Premium programming this weekend.

Some of the trivia they have via Viggle Live during certain shows is rather fun and an easy way to earn additional points.

USE PROMO CODE "DIRECTV" if you are new to Viggle to earn a signup bonus.

http://www.mobilemar...sion/13670.html

For those of you that have already been "viggling" prior to today, make sure you start to authenticate with the app by going into your settings menu and reselecting your TV provider. It will ask you to link your DIRECTV account. This is the only way to be eligible for DIRECTV bonus points by going through the authentication process.

Edited by Satelliteracer, 08 September 2012 - 12:31 AM.

DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Is there a promo code?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

DIRECTV is the promo code
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Godfather

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thank you for the code. Signed up, worked. Interesting product. If people want to pay me for watching tv, by all means do it. :)

Did a little research on this product and looks like Robert Sillerman's idea. He of LiveNation, Elvis Presley Estate, American Idol fame.

#5 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thank you for the code. Signed up, worked. Interesting product. If people want to pay me for watching tv, by all means do it. :)

Did a little research on this product and looks like Robert Sillerman's idea. He of LiveNation, Elvis Presley Estate, American Idol fame.

Yup, that's the guy.

I've earned a few free Starbucks drinks and I'm on my way to a MacBook right now...going to take awhile but earning points is pretty easy. Earned a bunch during the Monday Night Football game last night playing their MyGuy game within the Viggle app.
DIRECTV employee

#6 OFFLINE   Fluthy

Fluthy

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I downloaded and play with this app on Thursday during the football game. I played the MyGuy game during the game and won. It's said congrats you won... which was suppose to give me +1000 points. Never got them, sent and e-mail to Viggle which says that will get back to me in 72 hrs. I still have not heard back from them. Seems like a waste if the app is not going to work :-(

#7 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

The app is buggy and erratic. Gets shows wrong. Doesn't recognize Red Zone or even som Fox network shows. And doesn't remember your login.

I'm about to give up on it.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#8 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm gone. Tried to reset my account to get directv bonus points. It deactivated but says I can not restart. This is crap.

#9 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well, I thought this Viggle might be kind of lame, but its actually not bad. Since I signed up on 9/8, I have accumulated over 14,000 points. More then enough for $5 debit card at CVS or Starbucks and almost half way to a $15 Chili's card.

When watching NFL games that I'm normally not that interested in, the "My Guy" fantasy football competition helps hold my interest. I'm not much of a fantasy football player, since it typically involves too much time. This game is just play whenever you feel like it. Then just picking one player per play and playing against 9 other random opponents. With a chance to win and receive 1000 points.

To earn other points, when you watch a TV program or game, you simply tap the screen. It listens to the sound from the TV and then checks you in. Then it accumulates points, until you check in for something else. Or at the end of the length of time the program lasts, it will check you out and give you your points total.

Some programs have bonuses up to 200 points. And it gives you the programs that will earn bonuses that day and a couple days in advance. So you can just tune in, get your bonus points and then change the channel to something you want to watch. If you watch a 15 sec commercial, up to 75 points earned (I should say, play a 30 second commercial, while you watch something else).

So overall, I would say that its worth a look.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#10 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,604 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

OK - I signed up primarily to see how all this works.

I've participated in other programs before that tracked viewership, so it's not totally foreign.

Should be interesting.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#11 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

OK - I signed up primarily to see how all this works.

I've participated in other programs before that tracked viewership, so it's not totally foreign.

Should be interesting.

Good for you! Hope you enjoy it.

And for tracking viewership, its easier then filling out the old diaries they had years ago. And even DIRECTV tracks viewership, if you don't opt out. And their results may be a bit off with what I do. If I see a high bonus show listed, I tune to it, check in and let it run.

Viggle will accumulate points, until the show ends. So you can then be watching something else. So their viewership numbers may be a bit skewed. And by the way, you can back out of Viggle and use other apps while its active. Just don't log out of it.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#12 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

The app is buggy and erratic. Gets shows wrong. Doesn't recognize Red Zone or even som Fox network shows. And doesn't remember your login.

I'm about to give up on it.

They had some issues with Red Zone the first week plus because it couldn't tell if it was the game you were watching or red zone. They have since made some changes on that and it works much better.

I'm up to about 26,000 points now....a few free Starbucks or maybe I'll hold out for something more. :)

The login issue you are having, that is weird. Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall? I've had zero issues with the logins. Make sure that you have linked to DIRECTV in the settings as well.
DIRECTV employee

#13 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Satelliteracer, let the folks know that the app isn't properly recognizing BabyFirstTv shows, and it is not even allowing me to manually check in. My phone is a Samsung Stratosphere, an android.

Other than that, app works fine and it's very easy to earn points.

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

#14 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,604 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

After 48 hours with Viggle...I've found it to be quite easy to use.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#15 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

They had some issues with Red Zone the first week plus because it couldn't tell if it was the game you were watching or red zone. They have since made some changes on that and it works much better.

In my experience, checking in for the Red Zone Channel has been working fine as long as I manage to do it while Andrew Siciliano is talking.

Only problem is that Viggle lists it as "NFL RedZone," i.e., the "competing" version that's carried by cable and Dish.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#16 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Yup, that's the guy.

I've earned a few free Starbucks drinks and I'm on my way to a MacBook right now...going to take awhile but earning points is pretty easy. Earned a bunch during the Monday Night Football game last night playing their MyGuy game within the Viggle app.

Looks like the awards must change from time to time. I don't see an award for a MacBook. I do see an IPod and AppleTv.

App seems fairly straight forward, although a little bit buggy. Crashed once and "My Guy" won't connect.

Also, could not find the App from the Itunes App store, ended up going to the viggle website and linking from there.

Edited by raott, 30 September 2012 - 12:16 PM.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#17 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

There will be bonus points for the premier of Dexter and Homeland.

#18 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

It picked up Faith Hill quite well!

:D

Kevin F
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#19 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Satelliteracer, let the folks know that the app isn't properly recognizing BabyFirstTv shows, and it is not even allowing me to manually check in. My phone is a Samsung Stratosphere, an android.

Other than that, app works fine and it's very easy to earn points.

Babyfirst isn't one of the channels that it works on. There are about 170 to 180 channels that it works on, but BabyFirst isn't one of them.

If you go to settings and then to CHANNEL LIST withing the app it will give you all the channels that Viggle works with.
DIRECTV employee

#20 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Looks like the awards must change from time to time. I don't see an award for a MacBook. I do see an IPod and AppleTv.

App seems fairly straight forward, although a little bit buggy. Crashed once and "My Guy" won't connect.

Also, could not find the App from the Itunes App store, ended up going to the viggle website and linking from there.

Correct, the rewards change from time to time. Think of it as if they have an inventory of items and if they sell out or the sponsor of those items (Apple, Best Buy, etc) changes then those rewards can change. Some have been very constant, some change. I've redeemed a few thus far and I'm sitting on 25k+ right now....got some nice points tonight with Family Guy plus the in show trivia, Simpsons, Homeland and Dexter.
DIRECTV employee

spam firewall