Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PAC-12 and DISH have deal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
681 replies to this topic

#681 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

One thing I've learned since the Big Ten Network came about is that they don't even broadcast all of their Big Ten football or basketball games. In fact, since BTN's arrival more games are on ESPN and ABC than they ever were at least here. What's the point of having a dedicated channel and it's overflows to a certain conference when you give the games to other networks? Oh that's right. Money.
Point of my story is, I would personally expect more PAC12 games to be on channels you can receive (ABC, CBS, ESPN etc..) outside of P12N in the future even if DirecTV gets the channels or not.

I'm not sure how the big 10 handles what games are ESPN etc. the Pac 12 split the games up evenly with Fox and ESPN/ABC. They have a draft to see who gets what games. So, one provider wouldn't get all the good games. 1/3 Fox, 1/3 ESPN and 1/3 Pac 12 Network. There will always be some good games shown on the Pac 12 Network.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#682 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Wow.

I guess I was too subtle.

For all of those who questioned moderation in public, you got your last free pass with the deletion of your posts. Please remember that questioning moderation in public is against forum rules and future instances will result in infractions or bans as appropriate.

I am closing this thread. I had hoped that someone with an interest in college football would start a new one in the sports programming forum, but since no one did, I've done it for you.

Anyone who chooses to be rude or publicly question moderation will find themselves quickly banned from the new thread.

For the rest of you, feel free to discuss Pac-12 as much as you want. The point was that you were going incredibly off topic and being rude, not that you couldn't discuss Pac-12. I'm sorry some of you didn't get that.

Please continue here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=208874

This thread is closed.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...