Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Recording Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hollyjr

hollyjr

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I have a HR34 and 2 H25's with a DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit. We are receiving the following error during playback: "all or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time"

Any help would be great. I checked the other posts and it looks like we have tried everything.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,747 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

When I get this message on my DVR it is because it was raining really hard and lost the signal.
It usually will play and comes to a spot that is just blank and I fast forward thru it.

Does the recording play after the message and some of it missing ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   hollyjr

hollyjr

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

It's not the weather, clear skies here. I have not checked to see if the recording will play after the error.

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,003 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

It's not the weather, clear skies here. I have not checked to see if the recording will play after the error.

That'd be well worth it. For a while, I got a rash of those messages (on units other than the '34), but in most cases, it played o.k.. I just hit Play or RW or FF until it ran.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   hollyjr

hollyjr

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

The recording does play after the message appears, sometimes. I have only gotten the message on one of my H25 units. I got the message twice today, once it froze the H25 and I had to restart the receiver and it played fine. The other time I was able to hit resume on the menu and it started right up.

#6 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

The recording does play after the message appears, sometimes. I have only gotten the message on one of my H25 units. I got the message twice today, once it froze the H25 and I had to restart the receiver and it played fine. The other time I was able to hit resume on the menu and it started right up.

Have you tried playing the recording on your HR34? If so, does it freeze in the spot? If it does, it's an issue with the recording on the HR34. If not, you probably have an issue with the WHDVR connection.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#7 OFFLINE   hollyjr

hollyjr

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

RACJ2 -

It does not freeze on the HR34, and I can always strart the recording back up and it plays fine. How can I troubleshoot if the issue is with the WHDVR connection?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...