Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Its Been a While...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   btalbott

btalbott

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm considering getting an HR34 to replace my HR20. I currently have an HR20, HR21 and a standard D11-100. Also, I have a dish with 4 cables coming into a SWM5.
I am currently running whole home via my network connection and have been reading that this will need to be changed if I elect to get the HR34.
My question is this:
1. If I elect to keep the HR20/HR21, the D11-100 and get an HR34 installed that would encompass 10 tuners correct?
2. Would they install a new dish (ie. single wire to a new SWM)? Also, what else would need to be installed? I have also read that the HR34 can be used as the Cinema Connection Kit (CCK).

Sorry if these questions are able to be found, but I've been traveling like a madman this year and don't have much time to research. I'm also getting a tad bit confused.

Can someone chime in as to what I would need to have in order for this configuration to work properly?

Currently I have a SWM5 with the PI in the Living Room (HR21,HR20,D11-100).

Thanks All!
Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

All they would have to do is replace your SWM5 with an SWM16.
The HR34 can be used as the CCK, but as far as I know, Directv wont do it that way.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   btalbott

btalbott

DBSTalk Club Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

So I'll have to get a CCK. How about my existing network connectivity (ie. connections to my network switch)? Does it need to change?

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

So I'll have to get a CCK. How about my existing network connectivity (ie. connections to my network switch)? Does it need to change?

To be an approved installation, DirecTv will remove all units from your wired network and install DECA modules to convert them to their DECA network, and will then install a CCK to bridge the DECA network to your switch.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall