Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Center Ice 2012-2013 Pricing

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Looks like indemand is selling for $49.99.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

Of course, I don't think you receive as many HD games with the indemand version as you do with the Directv version.....if I recall correctly. Something to do with bandwith for the cable providers?
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 876 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Indemand NHLCI $49.99

Does D* price match ?

#243 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Indemand NHLCI $49.99

Does D* price match ?

Not that I know but have a go, who knows?

#244 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

http://hfboards.hock...9&postcount=475
Just saw this on HFboards

Just got an email from Gamecenter

The NHL season is set to start and once again you can follow the action live with NHL GameCenter LIVE™.

For your convenience, your subscription will be automatically renewed on January 21, 2013 at the 2013 renewal price of $49.99USD with the credit card you have on file. Since you have elected to pay in installments your card will be charged in two installments of $24.99USD.

#245 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Fire, I started with fios this past fall, been a great decision.

they also offer 5 NHL CI channels in HD.

You get CSN and CSN HD the only thing that don't get is TCN HD, but you atleast get TCN SD so that is the only thing, but atleast you can still get it and watch it.

I been doing both NHL CI, and NHL GCL and will continue again.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#246 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,453 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Looks like indemand is selling for $49.99.

Of course, I don't think you receive as many HD games with the indemand version as you do with the Directv version.....if I recall correctly. Something to do with bandwith for the cable providers?

Just saw our local cable outfit, TWC has it for $49.99, but they only offer 1 or 2 games a night in HD.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#247 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

If it's true about other providers offering it for free, then this is not good news for DirecTV subscribers.

They aren't offering it for free. Neither is the NHL. The NHL product will likely be around $50 from what I understand. Of course you are limited to having a decent broadband connection, watching it on your tablet or PC, etc. A good product, but there are tradeoffs. Other distributors likely at $49.99, but most don't have the dual feeds, as much HD, etc.

By the way, the auto renew stuff you will have 30 days from the time it hits your bill to cancel is my understanding.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#248 OFFLINE   marlen

marlen

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Any idea when we can expect the DVR guides to be updated with scheduling?

Marlen
HR20-700
HR20-100

#249 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Any idea when we can expect the DVR guides to be updated with scheduling?

Marlen

I would say as the week goes on.

I noticed Saturday's schedule on NBC now reads NHL Hockey 3pm

#250 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

They aren't offering it for free. Neither is the NHL. The NHL product will likely be around $50 from what I understand. Of course you are limited to having a decent broadband connection, watching it on your tablet or PC, etc. A good product, but there are tradeoffs. Other distributors likely at $49.99, but most don't have the dual feeds, as much HD, etc.

By the way, the auto renew stuff you will have 30 days from the time it hits your bill to cancel is my understanding.

That sounds fair...

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#251 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Don't forget to cancel by the 18th if you don't want to get locked in. No assumptions there, just fact as of 1/11/13. Even satracer confirms it will be on sale next weekend. Baseless assumptions are that "adjustments" have been made to overturn longstanding Directv policies.

....grace period.

DTV = Digital Television

#252 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,263 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

So you have no idea how much it would it cost the NHL in dollars to give all NHLCI subs a free season.

I think it would cost less to give everybody free NHLCI for this season than one day of the lockout cost the NHL.

That is meaningless.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#253 OFFLINE   fkubick

fkubick

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I guess this is for someone like SatRacer who has inside info--is the any chance that NHL Center Ice will be made available on the Directv iPad app?

#254 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

According to their website NHL GameCenter is not free...according to the FAQ CT residents will have to pay sales tax. Not sure why only CT residents. :scratchin

The US feed of NHL Network recently moved their operations to Connecticut with the rest of NBC Sports. GameCenter is tied to those operations.

As for digital cable and HD, it varies with each provider. iNDemand didn't post their plans for 2013 yet, if it's similar to League Pass they'll offer several feeds in HD, but it's up to the individual cable system if they provide them. They also have a limit on the maximum SD feeds they show, so if it's a really busy night with every team in action not all away feeds will be available. You also get screwed since the blackouts are tied to the receiver serving the headend, so if the headend serves multiple systems, you'll be blacked out of all teams that claim any of those systems in their territory, even if your local system isn't part of it.

#255 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

The US feed of NHL Network recently moved their operations to Connecticut with the rest of NBC Sports. GameCenter is tied to those operations.

As for digital cable and HD, it varies with each provider. iNDemand didn't post their plans for 2013 yet, if it's similar to League Pass they'll offer several feeds in HD, but it's up to the individual cable system if they provide them. They also have a limit on the maximum SD feeds they show, so if it's a really busy night with every team in action not all away feeds will be available. You also get screwed since the blackouts are tied to the receiver serving the headend, so if the headend serves multiple systems, you'll be blacked out of all teams that claim any of those systems in their territory, even if your local system isn't part of it.

NHL network's new studio is now in Toronto.

there first show yesterday, had a lot of TSN reporters on contributing.

when you watch katheryn tappen doing interviews you will see that person and city and then where she is you will see Toronto.

they just got a brand new studio in Toronto thought, much nicer.

#256 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

NHL network's new studio is now in Toronto.

there first show yesterday, had a lot of TSN reporters on contributing.

when you watch katheryn tappen doing interviews you will see that person and city and then where she is you will see Toronto.

they just got a brand new studio in Toronto thought, much nicer.

While much of the studio content comes from the Canadian feed which is produced by TSN in Canada, the US based operations are in Connecticut with NBC Sports.

#257 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Fire, I started with fios this past fall, been a great decision.

they also offer 5 NHL CI channels in HD.

You get CSN and CSN HD the only thing that don't get is TCN HD, but you atleast get TCN SD so that is the only thing, but atleast you can still get it and watch it.

I been doing both NHL CI, and NHL GCL and will continue again.

Yes, Doesn't look like TCN will ever be made available in HD sadly. They show the majority of Union games on TCN sadly enough. Sad for me at least.

Most Philadelphians/family members that I speak with that are also Direct TV subscribers tend to want to switch to Fios when given the opportunity... They are still rolling out throughout the city. Almost done at this point.

Five HD feeds is a pretty nice number though I still like the way Direct tv handles the package to be perfectly honest. For area residents having, you know, a local team to watch kind of supersedes having every game with two feeds for each though. What a concept, having TV provider with ones own RSN. Beautiful concept actually.. Would be nice If DirecTV decided Philly was worth the price of admission for their RSN.. At least LA gets to view the Lakers though.

Edited by fireponcoal, 14 January 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#258 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

In California? I guess if you order the NHL Package you should get the Philly Broadcast, that is what I love about Directv they give you both Teams Broadcast, but living in Philly every time the Rangers play the Flyers it's Blackout on NHL Package

Dish Network usually has both team home city broadcast also unless they are playing in Canada.

#259 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

breaking news reguarding NHL gamecenter live

http://www.dbstalk.c...=206707&page=16

#260 OFFLINE   marlen

marlen

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would say as the week goes on.

I noticed Saturday's schedule on NBC now reads NHL Hockey 3pm

I saw that...I believe the game is Buffalo & Philly :^)

(although there may also be some regional games)
HR20-700
HR20-100

spam firewall