Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Center Ice 2012-2013 Pricing

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

georule, They won't even notice. You need to sit down and put pen to paper as regards your displeasure.

It terms of impact I believe it runs

Handwritten shows that you are willing to take the time and expense to mail.
Word Processed shows less time but still willing to spend to mail it.
Phone call: Not totally sure if this should be higher or not.
Email

Oh, those things are fine too. . .tho, frankly, they're only "yapping". Put your money where your mouth is, and they will notice. I think you're wrong that they won't be watching all the available financial metrics --including NHL CI cancellations-- quite closely. I do certainly intend to write Bettman as well when/if the league announces the lockout, telling him what I did (which will give more credibility to what I say I will do, about not re-upping if regular season games are cancelled) if the lockout goes into effect.
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

guys to all who have NHL CI, i would cancel now. You can always sign back up once we have a season, but I doubt were having one this year.

see the all NHL topics thread for updates

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#23 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

how can they do this letter?

It's called "informing your customers". You know, communication and such. I personally think it is excellent service that they are sending this out, and as such preparing their customers for a possible blackout.

If/when it happens, customers already know they won't be charged the full amount, so they don't have to call DirecTV. This leaves the phone lines open for those with other issues.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#24 OFFLINE   avonabudget

avonabudget

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Rumour:

@JoshRimerHockey

If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.

#25 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Rumour:

@JoshRimerHockey

If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.

That would be sweet:D
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#26 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

That would be sweet:D

That would be unbelievable. Why would they do that?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#27 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

If the NHL salvaged this season, and charged any amount, I'd unsubscribe. If they had it free then it would be a start in handing out the many olive branches they need to fix things with fans.

#28 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

A "Thank You Fans" in the ice isn't going to cut it.

#29 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

win fans back
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#30 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

win fans back

And cut their financial throats?

Yeah, sounds like the kind of stupidity the NHL would do.

Always smart to give your product away when you claim financial distress.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#31 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Really, what does it matter to you? Have fun Caring too much... Thanks for your opinion though, about everything.

Now, tell us why we should be paying more for our satellite service and why we should like it. Cause, ya know, it's them and not the mighty Direct TV and their pristine PQ. :)

Edited by fireponcoal, 30 December 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Really, what does it matter to you? Have fun Caring too much... Thanks for your opinion though, about everything.

Now, tell us why we should be paying more for our satellite service and why we should like it. Cause, ya know, it's them and not the mighty Direct TV and their pristine PQ. :)

The quality of the product (NHL and DirecTV) should matter to paying customers. The finances of the businesses has a direct impact on the product. So yes, we care.
DTV = Digital Television

#33 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for posting the insider numbers letting us know exactly how free Center Ice would obliterate the NHL. Appreciate it.

#34 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

The quality of the product (NHL and DirecTV) should matter to paying customers. The finances of the businesses has a direct impact on the product. So yes, we care.

And the quality of the product in the past has been stellar. Sometimes the Direct TV supporters of this site get me very excited to leave D* for good. The zealotry exhibited is bit over the top for my blood especially at our annual rate raise point(now)..

#35 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 383 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Rumour:

@JoshRimerHockey

That's not the word on the street. It was a suggestion in many articles a while back as one of the ways to win fans back after a lockout.

Here's one: http://bleacherrepor...-resumes/page/2

Will it happen? I doubt it but it wouldn't hurt.

#36 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 383 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Just exactly how many people do you think subscribe to this? Because if you think it's NFLST numbers you're way wrong. While it's difficult for hockey fans to understand, most people are uninterested.

Just look as the "news." We could go days at a time without hearing a peep out of anyone. If it were any other sport you'd be flooded with stories.

#37 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

And the quality of the product in the past has been stellar. Sometimes the Direct TV supporters of this site get me very excited to leave D* for good. The zealotry exhibited is bit over the top for my blood especially at our annual rate raise point(now)..

What does this have to do with directv??? Wow. This is about the NHL and their continual missteps.

#38 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

What does this have to do with directv??? Wow. This is about the NHL and their continual missteps.

Everything. NHLDirectTVLovefest! Yum yum.

Anyway,
I'll gladly pay for it if I have to even though I'm not looking forward to it. MLS season starts in March and at this point I'm more into the idea of that. Just adding the bit about me paying because I'm not expecting or wanting some kind of free handout. I am expecting a reduction in the package rate though like I would imagine many are at this point in the game.

Edited by fireponcoal, 31 December 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#39 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

From a business standpoint, I don't think NHL CI will - or should - be free.

But it would make a lot of sense to offer a bundled package - this season with next season for a discounted price.

And if they don't do that, the price for this season should be at least 50% less than original season price. I think $179 was the number for the 82 game season.
$79 would be a nice compromise for the 48 games they are discussing.

I'm hoping they play this season, simply because I can't watch basketball anymore, college or pro, and I need a sport to carry me through until baseball season!

Happy New Year, everyone!

#40 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Let's just get a CBA and play hockey!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...