Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Center Ice 2012-2013 Pricing

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#421 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

No duh, Sherlock

Apparently, some people aren't aware of that.
DTV = Digital Television

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#422 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Just looking for the sports leader to step up:

Directv Website still not updated with schedule. Competitors have the first week up

InDemand has more HD today.

Game Center, Dish and InDemand are cheaper

I do not want a price reduction, but please get the HD feeds and do it right!

#423 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Directv Website still not updated with schedule. Competitors have the first week up

very few cable systems have all 9 InDemand HD channel also InDemand does not make full use of them all the time.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#424 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Directv did HNIC right full after hours.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#425 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,310 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just curious. The only game not in HD on DirecTV (on the schedules at least) is the Edmonton @ Vancouver. InDemand has that in HD?

#426 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes, and they have Calgary HD feed too.

Directv is committed to diversity at the workplace. How about hiring a Canadian! Someone who has interest and passion for hockey.

#427 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Just curious. The only game not in HD on DirecTV (on the schedules at least) is the Edmonton @ Vancouver. InDemand has that in HD?

Shows in HD, in Canada.

#428 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Shows in HD, in Canada.

! ! !

#429 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,310 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Yes, and they have Calgary HD feed too.
Directv is committed to diversity at the workplace. How about hiring a Canadian! Someone who has interest and passion for hockey.

And because the Edmonton/Vancouver game isn't in HD, I won't be watching (or recording) it.

#430 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,468 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Shows in HD, in Canada.

That is nothing new. Been that way since they went to HD. It was once rumored it was due to the lack of communication between Canadian and American equipment, but that was several years ago and you would think it had been resolved by now.

I like CI on DirecTV, and am not overly concerned about it being $10.00 more than the others, but lack of some of the Canadian games in HD and a good mix channel are my pet peeves.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#431 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

That is nothing new. Been that way since they went to HD. It was once rumored it was due to the lack of communication between Canadian and American equipment, but that was several years ago and you would think it had been resolved by now.

I like CI on DirecTV, and am not overly concerned about it being $10.00 more than the others, but lack of some of the Canadian games in HD and a good mix channel are my pet peeves.

Can anyone please give us an explanation as to WHY alot of Canadian based team games are not in HD, especially Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.That is my biggest gripe with Directv or the NHL. I don't know who is responsible.This has been going on for years and I would have hoped by now that things would have changed.

#432 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

This topic comes up every year. You can complain all you want about Canadian HD, but the fact is that it's unlikely to change any time soon (especially not this year, given the very low price point relative to a normal season). The only Canadian HD feeds DirecTV has regular access to are the CBC feeds and SportsNet Ontario (Maple Leafs). To get the others, DirecTV would have to invest in additional equipment for each HD source, and they'd have to allocate more satellite space for the feeds. The additional cost to them is the main reason they haven't done it to this point, considering they would make very little additional revenue from Center Ice sales if they did it.

Last year, DirecTV had a few extra HD feeds from Canada, but they were all direct-from-the-stadium feeds (without commercials and intermission content). These feeds were very much hit-and-miss, and most of them appeared in the first several weeks of the season. Those weeks coincided with the NBA lockout, and I suspect that the bandwidth saved by the lack of NBA games helped DirecTV provide extra HD coverage for CI. Once the NBA season got underway, those extra HD feeds mostly disappeared.

#433 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

This topic comes up every year. You can complain all you want about Canadian HD, but the fact is that it's unlikely to change any time soon (especially not this year, given the very low price point relative to a normal season). The only Canadian HD feeds DirecTV has regular access to are the CBC feeds and SportsNet Ontario (Maple Leafs). To get the others, DirecTV would have to invest in additional equipment for each HD source, and they'd have to allocate more satellite space for the feeds. The additional cost to them is the main reason they haven't done it to this point, considering they would make very little additional revenue from Center Ice sales if they did it.

Last year, DirecTV had a few extra HD feeds from Canada, but they were all direct-from-the-stadium feeds (without commercials and intermission content). These feeds were very much hit-and-miss, and most of them appeared in the first several weeks of the season. Those weeks coincided with the NBA lockout, and I suspect that the bandwidth saved by the lack of NBA games helped DirecTV provide extra HD coverage for CI. Once the NBA season got underway, those extra HD feeds mostly disappeared.

Thanks for the info, but if directv can do it for the NFL,NBA,MLB,Nascar etc. I'm sure they could do the same for the NHL. Even some CBC feeds of Vancouver last year we're still in SD.Just curious, do Canadian customers of NHL CI with BELL, SHAW, ROGERS etc. get all their feeds in HD??

#434 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

If Satellite Racer is listening, maybe he could shed some light about the Canadian feeds not being in HD and if we can expect to see them anytime soon.

#435 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

We have been told by SR in the past it is a business decision. Hopefully, indemand's step ahead of Directv in HD offerings and Game Center aggressive marketing of games will make Directv reconsider the decision.

#436 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

We have been told by SR in the past it is a business decision. Hopefully, indemand's step ahead of Directv in HD offerings and Game Center aggressive marketing of games will make Directv reconsider the decision.

Thanks and pardon my ignorance, but what is indemand?

#437 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thanks and pardon my ignorance, but what is indemand?

"In Demand (capitalized as a trademark as iN DEMAND) is a provider of pay-per-view and subscription video-on-demand services, jointly owned by Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks.[1] It is the world's leading supplier of PPV and VOD programming."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Demand

#438 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,542 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

According to the guide on my fios dvr, fios has no HD for center ice today. Six feeds of three games all in SD only. Could be a mistake in the guide but who knows.

The problem with in demand is that the programming they say they have doesn't get to everyone. Heck, almost no one.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#439 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

TWC has all three Canadian feeds in HD today.

#440 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

TWC has all three Canadian feeds in HD today.

Interesting. Time for Directv to provide their hockey fans the same service as NFLST, MLBEI, and NBALP.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...