Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Center Ice 2012-2013 Pricing

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Heck, i just want CSN Philly games to be offered
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Heck, i just want CSN Philly games to be offered

In HD, please.

#123 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Here is what I figure. By last years NHL Center Ice price on a 85 game season it came to about $2.18 per game. So 48 games @ $2.18 = $104
If it is much more than that I will pass on it this season.

Actually the NHL normally plays an 82 game schedule.

And not all of those games are available on CI.

#124 OFFLINE   RangerJoe27

RangerJoe27

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

It's not the NHL decision on the NHL Center Ice Package, not 1 of the TV Providers will be offering anything for Free!

#125 OFFLINE   RangerJoe27

RangerJoe27

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

In California? I guess if you order the NHL Package you should get the Philly Broadcast, that is what I love about Directv they give you both Teams Broadcast, but living in Philly every time the Rangers play the Flyers it's Blackout on NHL Package

#126 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

In California? I guess if you order the NHL Package you should get the Philly Broadcast, that is what I love about Directv they give you both Teams Broadcast, but living in Philly every time the Rangers play the Flyers it's Blackout on NHL Package

Incorrect. When the Flyers play we get one broadcast and that's the other team's. Only exception is when the other team is not televising. On top of that, if it's a Canadian team, we almost always wind up with a standard def broadcast.

#127 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

If the NHL really wants to thank us, they can turn off that freakin annoying crawl on the NHL Network during live broadcasts. That would satisfy me.

#128 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 885 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

So you not only want them to waive revenue, you want them to pay others to say they are sorry to you.

Yes that is correct. The NHL locked out the players and the fans by choice,so yes I would like to say them to say they are sorry with NHLCI for free/no charge for this shorten season.

#129 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Tank:

I'll ask you the same question psunate77 would not answer.

If you walked up to the front door of BankAtlantic Center or Tampa Bay Times Forum, would you expect them to give you a ticket for free?

#130 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I wouldn't expect it. But it sure would be a welcomed gesture and tell me the NHL really cares about its fans.

The reality, though, is that the NHL depends on the live gate for its revenue more than any other sport. So the league's grand strategy should be to retain paying customers in the seats. I predict the overwhelming majority of feel-good efforts will be directed at making ticket purchasers feel good about continuing to part with their money, and a minimum at Centre Ice or Game Center subs, who don't contribute nearly the proportion of revenue that the live gate does.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#131 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Tank:

If you walked up to the front door of BankAtlantic Center or Tampa Bay Times Forum, would you expect them to give you a ticket for free?

If you consider the full-season ticket holder to be the core of their fanbase, then you could certainly make the case that making the first home game back "free" (i.e. crediting their account) for STH makes even more sense than discounts on NHL CI. But I don't expect that either. I expect team-based promotions that will center around some extra goodies, or selling new partial season STH at a discount (for teams with low attendance anyway).
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#132 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Actually the NHL normally plays an 82 game schedule.

Ok so the cost should be around $108 for 48 games.

I just got off the phone with Dish 1/10/13, 8:30 AM, no word yet on any price.

Edited by eriksat1, 10 January 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#133 OFFLINE   Microphone

Microphone

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I wouldn't expect it. But it sure would be a welcomed gesture and tell me the NHL really cares about its fans.

But they don't and neither do the players. The last several months demonstrated that.

#134 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 885 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Tank:

No because I have never ever purchased a ticket from either arena.

I have been a NHLCI sub for many years.
But as a longtime NHLCI sub, the NHL's choice not to play any games to start the season and the beginning of a new NHLCI season should have consequences.

I was just making the case why it would be smart for the NHL to make the NHLCI free for this season.

I don't think the Bettman or the BOG will ever give us free NHLCI.
But I do think if it isn't greatly reduced ,many in the US will cancel.

#135 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I know I am going to try and get it for 50 dollars or less since last year I think I got it for 100....

#136 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

I know I am going to try and get it for 50 dollars or less since last year I think I got it for 100....

$50 is the figure I had in mind too, and I was dumb enough to pay full price for last year. Not to mention the NHL needs to realize that CI is not worth what it used to be since it doesn't have playoff games anymore.

#137 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone try calling or is everyone waiting for this be official (i.e., when the NHLPA ratifies the CBA too)?
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#138 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Anyone try calling or is everyone waiting for this be official (i.e., when the NHLPA ratifies the CBA too)?

No point in calling yet. Wait for the deal to be completely final and a CI price is put in place.
DTV = Digital Television

#139 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I did call Dish this morning and they said no word on price yet. we just have to wait. I'm kind of on the fence if it's too high I'm not going to get it. Didn't they used to offer 1/2 a season at $75

#140 OFFLINE   steve_launch

steve_launch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I've had NHLCI for years, both on Comcast and now most recently on DirecTV. It's a much better offering in terms of HD games, but I'm considering looking at GameCenter this year.

Can anyone who's used GameCenter answer a basic question for me? Does it support recording or some kind of "delayed-start" mechanism? I live on the west coast and like to come home from work and watch games in the evening that started at 7PM EST/4PM PST. With CI, I just DVR these games and then watch them when I get home, but does GameCenter have something like this?

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...