Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Perhaps Comcast Should Include This in Their Ads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

http://www.ajc.com/n...this-yea/nR6fN/

Comcast raises their rates for a 2nd time this year here in metro Atlanta. I hope this does not set a trend for D*.

I am definitely glad I made the switch back to D*.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - 2014

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Back in 1987 when things were all going downhill and no one was getting raises at work the cable company raised the rates 3 times that year, I dropped it on that basis and went to renting a movie when I really wanted one.
I found out about DirecTV in 1996 and have been satisfied with them ever since.
I have a mother, an aunt and a cousin that all have / had cable. I have stayed in many hotel rooms with cable. The dentist I go to has cable in the waiting room. They all had blurry pictures on the TVs no matter what brand of TV they had.
My aunt and cousin have since switched to DirecTV and can not believe the difference.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Back in 1987 when things were all going downhill and no one was getting raises at work the cable company raised the rates 3 times that year, I dropped it on that basis and went to renting a movie when I really wanted one.
I found out about DirecTV in 1996 and have been satisfied with them ever since.
I have a mother, an aunt and a cousin that all have / had cable. I have stayed in many hotel rooms with cable. The dentist I go to has cable in the waiting room. They all had blurry pictures on the TVs no matter what brand of TV they had.
My aunt and cousin have since switched to DirecTV and can not believe the difference.

You should get your dentist switched to DIRECTV. Better product/price, plus you can use the Refer-A-Friend discount...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...